chapter one

CHAPTER ONE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     THE KEYS IN HER HAND were practically begging her to turn them, to start the engine of the rover already

     THE KEYS IN HER HAND were practically begging her to turn them, to start the engine of the rover already. Raven, still under the car, would very much object to this — as Taylor knew. She sat in the front seat of the rover, eagerly waiting to test Raven's repairs.

     A loud thump echoed from the front of the car and Taylor smiled at Bellamy's arrival while he rooted through his bag carefully.

     "Hey!" Raven exclaimed, pushing herself out from under the rover to stare at Bellamy challengingly. "Take it easy!"

     "Good morning to you too," Bellamy replied with a smirk, not moving his bag or ceasing his movements. Taylor hopped out of the rover and stepped up next to him with a grin.

     Putting her hand on his shoulder, she greeted warmly, "Well it's certainly a good morning now."

     Bellamy handed a weapon to Miller behind him before turning to her with his own smile. "I already said a very good morning to you," he replied, leaning down to press his lips to hers.

     She smiled into the kiss and their brief moment was interrupted by Miller, asking, "What's the point if we can't shoot 'em?"

     He stared at his gun and back at Bellamy questioningly. Taylor and Bellamy took a small step away from each other, begrudging yet smiling. "We can, just not to kill," Bellamy answered. "And that goes for everyone. Where's Octavia?"

     Taylor moved back into the driver's seat and turned the key, listening to the engine roar. Raven looked over at her proudly and Taylor raised her hand at her.

     "C'mon, Rave, don't leave me hanging," she teased with a smirk. Reluctantly, Raven high fived her with an equally hesitant smile.

     Taylor removed the keys and started to make her way around the rover to get the back prepped with their gear. But a loud splash made everyone stop right in their tracks.

     Jasper was leaning against a table, out of it — as he was most days, now — and Monty held an empty bucket with Chandler watching on guiltily as they stared at their sopping friend.

     "I'm sorry, was that too cold?" Monty snapped. With little hesitation, Jasper let out a yell and charged forward directly at Monty menacingly. He shoved him against the rover roughly and Bellamy wasted no time in stepping in front of Jasper.

     "No gun for you," he announced, moving the gun out of Jasper's reach. Taylor's grip on the keys tightened. "Not until you're sober."

     "Don't want one," Jasper told him, flicking him in the face and walking to the back of the car. Bellamy stood in shock at the small hit he took and stared after Jasper with the very same look they had been giving him for months.