chapter six

CHAPTER SIX
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     "DAMN IT," Raven cursed under her breath as she flipped through one of the binders that was shoved between the computers in the control room

"DAMN IT," Raven cursed under her breath as she flipped through one of the binders that was shoved between the computers in the control room. The very same room in which they had irradiated the entirety of Mount Weather.

"What happened to that Raven Reyes confidence?" Sinclair questioned, not even looking up from the computer that he was searching through. Taylor had three binders much like Raven's stacked in front of her, skimming through each one.

"It's a twelve digit code, there are a trillion combinations, it's gonna take me a minute," she told him, less than enthused with his sarcasm. Sinclair stood up from his computer and looked over Gina's shoulder.

"Gina, what do you got?" he asked and she put her hands up in defense, shaking her head.

"Don't look at me, I'm just a grunt."

"Flynn? Leo?"

"Finding about as much as Raven. Can't exactly blame them for not putting their launch codes right here next to their computers," she sighed, pushing back the last of the three binders in defeat. Sinclair also sighed loudly and started to pace at the back of the room. Leo shook his head as he sat back at his own computer with a sigh.

"Oh, come on, guys. It's gonna be dark soon," he pointed out worriedly. "We're working analog, we're working digital, what are we missing?"

"How is the president gonna remember a number that long?" Gina mused, Sinclair shrugging in response while he was leaned over one of the computers.

"Not well," Raven agreed as though it was obvious.

"Wanna bet he wrote it down somewhere?" Gina finally pointed out, Taylor's eyes widening in realization.

"We're just looking in the wrong place," she vocalized, standing up from her seat near one of the monitors.

Raven stepped toward Gina, shaking her head. "Oh come on," she scoffed. "That's like setting the launch codes to all zeros."

There was a moment of silence where they all exchanged looks and Raven looked at the others like she couldn't quite believe it. "And yet, it's better than anything we can come up with," Sinclair said lightly, appreciating the idea.

"I'll check the president's office," Gina announced, taking the radio that Sinclair handed her.

"We'll keep working the tech angle. Hopefully one of us gets lucky," he told her before she began to head out of the room.

"I'll go with her," Taylor volunteered, making her way across the room to Gina before she was stopped by Sinclair's arm.

"No, we need you here so that we can actually teach you how to use this," he interrupted, shaking his head in disapproval. Taylor had agreed that she would do anything as long as Sinclair agreed to teach her. She sighed.