Vampire Wenga: Turn

Yoongi glances towards Seungwan, who had her head covered by a book. He is in her office, and he had a desk stationed a bit far away from her, he pretends to tinker with his camera. He doesn’t know why Seungwan would decide for him to share the same room with her, but then again she said she’s in charge of protecting him for making him her familiar.

Hey. Yoongi sends, he sees Seungwan immediately jolt and eye him curiously, before going back to the book.

What? I’m reading. And I told you to stop doing that.

Eversince she taught him how mind links work, he’s been practicing and enjoying every second of her surprised face. It still isn’t as perfect as her mind link. Sending messages through the mind is a bit harder for him, especially when Seungwan’s barriers are up. But she can easily intrude his train of thought and can easily read his mind which means he’s not trained to protect himself.

So… you don’t glow? You don’t really sparkle?

Yoongi asks, not even looking up as he is looking through pictures on his camera.
Seungwan hesitates, then sends a message while scrunching her nose,

I would have thrown my Chanel stilletos at you, but it’s a hassle. Tell me who showed you Twilight, I need a long talk.

Right. So the short answer is no, you don’t sparkle.

Yoongi nods to himself.

Seungwan adjusts herself on her chair and swivels it to give Yoongi a pointed look, letting the book slip from her hands, “Add to that list our supposed inability to eat garlic, I love a mean aglio olio, thank you very much. Also, I’m wearing silver earrings, so cross out our susceptibility to silver.”

Her voice finally echoes through the large room, the first signs of an actually conversation, at least to the outside.

Yoongi considers these revelations one by one, ticking out each of the things he had heard.

"So basically, you’re omnipotent? That’s just unfair. Humans are just so vulnerable, and you’re telling me you don’t have a weakness?” he blurts out too, using his voice to speak.

Seungwan looks up, midway a paragraph in the book, there’s nothing more annoying than having to pause while reading something smack in the middle of a paragraph, “You don’t have to know.” She answers, rendering the conversation over, but Yoongi would not flinch, nor is he letting the topic go.

“Come on. You can’t tell me there isn’t once, can’t you sneeze when you look at the sun or at least get sunburn. Don’t you guys have allergies? You can’t probably go to sacred places right?”

“Nope. Not true. Pure hearsay!” Seungwan curtly replies, she places her book down a second time.

Her familiar spending time in her office makes her life miserable, she’s regretting not asking for another workspace for him, away from her. Not only is she constantly hyperaware of his presence, he’s also incredibly chatty as time goes by, both by mind link or actual words, disregarding walls she’s built around herself, but in addition to that he’s also incredibility delicious…

I mean distracting.

“What do you want Yoongi? What will make you shut up?” Seungwan replies, huffing out a loud (probably exaggerated) exhale.

“Leverage, to balance the scales.” Yoongi replies, “How come you have all the physical advantage over humans and I have not even an ounce of intelligence.”

“Fine.” Seungwan massages her temples, “Each vampire has at least one, something that was passed from their ancestors - a deficiency, a flaw, a glitch in the system.”