V. MEETING AT THE PARK

"If there is one thing I know for sure after all this research is that their base is in that building."

Aiyla pointed at a red dot on the map of New York City, looking up at Maria Hill and Nick Fury as she continued with her report.

"It's a scryscraper about half an hour from here. I could always sneak in the apartment and steal all evidence we need."

Fury stroked his chin as he assessed her. He exchanged a look with Hill and then turned to Aiyla, nodding at her stiffly once. "When can you infiltrate the building?"

"Tomorrow morning when he is at work," she replied without missing a beat. "I'll get in there, grab the evidence needed without destroying anything and I'll be out before anyone suspects any interference."

"Tomorrow then. You are dismissed."

Aiyla nodded once and started gathering her things. Putting everything in her bag, she offered a smile at Maria as she walked away, leaving the office. She was done for the day.

She got out of the building, greeting the guards on her way out. She headed over to her car, unlocked it and got inside. Starting the engine, she drove away from the building and to her home.

Her home wasn't that far off her work. Minutes later, she had parked in the driveway and was leaving the car, getting in a house that was identical to all other houses around with its small yard and few steps that led to the front door. Taking out her keys, she looked around subtly before unlocking the door. She quickly got inside and turned on the light switch, greeted by the sound of barking. Placing her things on the small table beside the door, she got deeper in the house until she reached the kitchen.

"Merhaba, Gus," she said, a smile forming on her lips as the Kangal dog stood up and walked over towards her. She petted him with a smile, ruffling his golden fur before walking away. "Yürüyüşe hazır mısın, oğlan?"

He barked once, the sound deep, shaking the house, but it only brought Aiyla to laugh. Turning around with his chain at hand, she fastened it around his collar and offered him one last smile before walking to the front door. Gus followed after her without protest.

They left the house after she locked and she walked him to the nearest park, keeping him close to her at all times. Gus was a pretty big dog and usually people were afraid of him, even if he was harmless for as long as she asked him to be. They got to a park soon enough. Aiyla led them deeper in the park, to a place she knew there was hardly anyone going to, and finally, she let him move freely.

Gus didn't waste a second to run away, but not too far off from her. He ran around in circles, chasing a poor bird that had stopped to rest nearby. Aiyla watched him with a smile as she sat down on the ground, watching him for a while longer as he ran around and played. Soon though, Gus realised that she wasn't taking part in his fun. He looked around, locating her soon enough. And then he started running her way.

Aiyla's eyes widened and she instantly stood up, a wide smile forming on her lips as she opened her arms wide. Just as he was about to reach her, she spun out of the way, letting out a victorious cry as Gus ran away. Only to squeal as she realised he was heading for her once again. She jumped out of the way and then she did it again, narrowly missing him. Having grown tired, Gus sat down on the ground.

Aiyla watched him carefully as he laid on his back. Slowly, she walked over to him and sat down beside him. She raised an arm so as to pet him, keeping a close eye on his jaw in case he still wanted to play. But as he made no move with his head, she started petting his belly. Gus closed his eyes, raising one of his front legs in response, only bringing her to laugh as she petted him below his leg.