Not A Happy Birthday

Exactly one month and five days have passed since Stupid Sal stole the Geoff's from me. The day after it all happened I cried 14 times, but after that I've been okay, really. Today, though, I am not okay. Today is July 2nd, 2019.

Today is the Geoff's 30th birthdays.

Before the Geoff's left, I had bought us all tickets to Jeopardy because that's their favorite show, of course. We were supposed to go ride four wheelers through the mud piles behind the Geoff's grandmas house. Since it's their Dirty Thirty they need to get dirty, ya know? Then, we were supposed to go skinny dipping with their grandma in the pond with the ducks. So we could clean ourselves off, ya know? Then, we were supposed to go to Jeopardy! All of this is ruined because of Sal!

You know what? No!

I will not let Sal ruin this wonderful day I had planned and I will not let Sal ruin my life! I am going to call somebody for help. Somebody who can help me get my Geoff's back.

"Hello?" Dr. Phil finally picks up his phone on my fourth try calling him.

"Phil! I need your help, dawg. It's a BIG TIME emergency."

"Did you get another pencil stuck in your bu-"

"NO!" I cut him off. "It's about the Geoff's."

"Oh.. I see."

"You do?" I ask.

"Yes. One of the Geoff's got a pencil stuck in hi-"

"NO, YOU HECKIN DUMMY!! THE GEOFFS LEFT ME!!" I am on the verge of tears at this point. Why does Dr. Phil always have to assume one of us got a pencil stuck in our-

"I have a plan. Get the Geoff's to meet us in the Target parking lot at 6:30 P.M." Dr. Phil says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Copy that, sir."

~~~

By 6:30 P.M. I am ready to win my Geoff's back. I have no idea what Dr. Phil has planned, but I know it's got to be a good one. I'm sitting in my car, impatiently tapping my nails on the steering wheel. The Geoff's aren't here yet. When I first messaged them asking to meet me at Target, they refused. I had to tell them that I wanted to give them the stuff they left at our house in order to get them to agree to come. What if they don't show up? To make matters worse, Dr. Phil isn't here yet either. As if God had been eavesdropping on my thoughts, Sals van pulls into Target and parks in the spot next to me. Sal, the Geoff's, and... Dr. Phil? Why is Dr. Phil in Sals van?

"Hey, Ash! We passed Dr. Phil walking on our way here. He said he was on his way to come see you too. So, we offered to give him a ride." Geoff smiles at me. My heart hurts. They seem so happy. They don't seem to be missing me much at all. The one Geoff that stayed by my side seems to feel as hurt and abandoned as me.

"Actually.. Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, and Sal. I'm here to see you all as well." Says Dr. Phil. "Ashley tells me that a few of you Geoff's left her. Is that true?"

"Well, yeah. We are in love with Sal now, but we still want to be friends with her."

"I don't want to be friends! I want to be lovers!" I break down crying again.

"I have a solution to this problem. Ashley and Sal will compete against each other in a series of games. The person who wins the majority of the games, wins the Geoff's. Is that fair?" We all nod in agreement.

Let the games begin.