Chapter 15: To the Frontlines

Vigil arrived to Hereford Base and went to the the briefing room as Jager told him to. Everyone was there. They all greeted back to Vigil to welcome him back to the base.

Six: "Alright everyone, listen. Your first deployment is going to happen and you all are heading to the frontlines. You are being sent to the border lines of North and South Korea."

Doc: "Six, one question. Why are we sent there? That's like no man's land."

Jager: "Hmm, I smell French retreat."

All the GIGN operators looked at Jager with a death stare. Jager slowly hid himself.

Six: "There are heavy casualties at the border line obviously but also support needed to keep the North Koreans out of South Korea's border's. Everything is also destroyed and chaotic there."

Ela: "But hey, chaos is my home haha."

Six: "As I was saying, hold back all of the enemies until more help arrives."

Doc: "Now the real question here is, how long is this war going to last?"

Six: "Now here's the real answer Gustave, we dont know. It would be best to keep the amount of questions down. Be also prepared for up close combat. You all should head to your transportation. Get going now."

Everyone quickly left the room. Vigil put on his mask. He then quickly followed Jager as he was going with him to fly all the way to Korea. It will take them a day or two to get there. As he got in the helicopter, Doc, Rook, IQ, and Blitz also hopped on. Then Jager took off.

*TIME SKIP UNTIL THEY REACH KOREA*

They have arrived to Korea. Things were in bad shape. Every second, gunfire was heard. Everything below this seemed broken down to rubble if it was a building. This war seemed to cost a lot of lives as bodies lay every the battlefield they flew over.

Vigil: "I havent seen things this horrifying."

Blitz: "But hey, it's our job to deal with this. Horrifying isnt it?"

Jager: "Alright, let's land here and secure it."

The squad landed in a forest and secured the area. They got their supplies and equipment and did a radio call.

IQ: On Radio "This is IQ reporting that we are now in Korea in the middle of probably a battle."

Other Team Rainbow Members: On Radio "We are all scattered. We have to meet up at the very borderline!"

IQ: On radio "Copy, we are heading past our safe zone and reaching the border. Watching out for resisters also..."

Other Team Rainbow Members: On Radio. "Copy."

IQ turned off the radio and looked at the team.

IQ: "Good idea we landed here. This is literally a place for the North Koreans, this is also land that we have taken over and defending. Let's move to the border, which is a couple miles."

Jager: "That's a long walk IQ. But hey, it needs to be safe if we are trying to stay safe from battle."

Doc: "Alright, we need to get moving, I got heavy ass equipment here."

Rook: Puts down armor "Before we get going might want to put on my new protective armor prototypes."

They all looked at Rook in disbelief if they were going to wear even more equipment.

Rook: "Trust me, it's lighter than you think."

They all decided to put the armor on. It was very light for the way it looked.

Blitz: "You sure you weren't being cheap here and just giving us pillows?"

Rook: "I'm damn sure."

Doc: "Are we all good? Let's move out then."

IQ: "As Doc was saying let's go. We dont have time before the North Koreans get more reinforcements and take over our defenses."

They all walked as fast as they can until they heard insanely loud explosions and a heavy hail of gunfire. They knew they arrived. As they walked over a hill, there was just chaos. Everyone was firing their weapons and being killed. Planes and tanks run over to take out each other.

Jager: "This looks like World War Two, not a modern battle of World War Three."

IQ: "Jager, this battle was used to be modern. Since we kept resisting, they reached the point to even hand to hand combat range. Get it now?"

Jager: "Alright, dont need to tell me everything probably before I figure out myself IQ."

Doc: "Let's get down the hill over there. Then, we call them to let us in and explain the situation."

They walked down and encountered a squad of South Korean soldiers.

Soldier: In a accent: "Who are you?"

IQ: "We are Team Rainbow, we are here to help."

Soldier: In an accent "Oh I see. Let me get the interpreter."

The soldier headed in the base to get an interpreter while they followed behind. The soldier spoke Korean to the possible interpreter and the interpreter stepped forward to IQ.

Interpreter: "Hello Team Rainbow, it's great to have you help us. So far, we are doing fine. It would be great if you get some Intel and find the best effective way to take over their position. Time is running low as we are fighting too close."

IQ: "Got it. We will try our best."

Interpreter: "Dont need to talk that way. Let's respect each other, not by ranks."

IQ: "Uh, ok."

Doc: "Let's get going, I feel some hell fire is coming."

The squad walked out of the base and moved toward the front lines. All of a sudden, machine gun fire went off. Vigil immediately fell down and looked for cover. Hails of bullets hit the ground near him also causing him to slightly panic.

Vigil: *Stay calm.*

Doc: Yelling "Get down! On your right! Theres a ditch there for cover!"

They all crawled to the ditch. IQ managed to get stuck behind.

IQ: "I need assistance over here!"

Doc: "Blitz, use your shield and help her get in this ditch!"

Blitz: "I gotch you!"

Blitz ran with his shield and assisted IQ to the ditch. Then, they tried to find a way to reach the defense line to meet their allies.

Rook: Pointing a direction "Let's try to crawl our way to the bunker entrance there!"

Rook guided the squad to the bunker's entrance and tried to open the door. It wa obviously locked.

Vigil: "Let's try to get them to open it."

Vigil: On Radio "Vigil here, calling the interpreter to call the soldiers to open the bunker door. We are here!"

After a moment, the door opened and there was Sledge.

Sledge: "How are you guys here? Anyways, get in."

Sledge let the squad in and locked the door. The squad all sat down in slight relief after getting sprayed with bullets.