Chapter One

A/N: The chapters will switch POVs it will go back and forth between Cody and Maggie, so since the Prologue was in Cody's POV I'm writing this chapter in Maggie's and so on and so on. :) Hope you all enjoy it as much as I like writing it! I'm a new writer so I would appreciate any feedback on how I'm doing. Thank you! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

“Will you just give Jake a chance?”  Emily whines, Jake being her twin brother who has liked me for as long as I can remember, even when we were kids he would tease me excessively. I shake my head violently at her, knowing who was made just for me and it wasn’t Jake.  “Come on, you know Jake is as in love with you as you are with Cody.”

“No he isn’t, because I’m not his soul mate.” I point out grabbing the flour from my pantry, closing the door behind me just in time to catch my blonde best friend roll her eyes.

“My point exactly.” She says harshly before biting into an apple, I frown wishing she would stop that I get that she doesn’t believe what I had with Cody was real but as a best friend she should be supporting me. “There is no such thing as soul mates.” She adds bitterly,

“Wow, best friend of the year right there. Matter of fact the century.” I say sarcastically pouring my flour into the swifter placing it over the bowl, I hear another crisp crunch from her apple before she speaks again.

“Yeah I am, I’m honest with you would you rather me lie to you?”

“Yes, yes I would!” I snap looking up at her she crunches back down on the apple, shaking her head in disagreement. “Besides, whatever happened to you not even wanting Jake and me together?” I question, measuring out the baking soda and powder now.

“That was when I was immature and thought he would steal my best friend away, I know better now.” She grins like a mad man, “You aren’t going anywhere now!” she laughs like she was a creepy bad guy in a movie.

“Why do I encourage you?” I ask with a light giggle not able to hide my amusement,

“Because you love me.” She says plainly with an innocent smile, “Hell, I don’t blame you everyone loves me.”

“Are you sure about that?” I question and she looks at me as we have a good old fashion stare down, “Have you been watching everything I put into your cake?” I ask before giving my own evil laugh, fiddling my fingers together to really pull off the act.

Emily’s eyes look as though she was genuinely nervous, “I’m not eating that cake now.” She say quickly folding her arms across her chest looking away, I laugh at her reaction.

“Oh come on, Em. I wouldn’t poison you while you watch me make the trap…” I laugh she shakes her head not budging,

“You would too!” she pouts, I think about it for a moment.

“Okay you’re right, it would make it more thrilling like ‘ooh will I get caught’ kind of thing.” I laugh and she glares at me like ‘not helping’ my smile fades quickly, “Oh yeah, sorry. Come on Em you love my cake more than any other food I would be heartless to poison your favorite, I would only do your second favorite.” I smirk and she seems to ease a bit,

“You have a point…I guess I just won’t eat your Chicken.” She laughs at our weirdness, I sigh thinking about why I’m a baker in the first place…Cody. “Ugh, not again…” Em groans the instant she hears my sigh,

“What?” I question innocently, attempting to give a convincing smile.

“Don’t act like you don’t know, that sigh of ‘oh I miss my Cody-kins, that I only knew for thirty minutes’ it’s all that’s come out of your mouth for the past two years.” She mocks me rolling her eyes, I sigh again. “Oh and that one, ‘No one understands’ Mag’s I know you too well for that.” She adds annoyance in her words.

“Will you please stop? As my best friend you should be able to see it hurts me…” I trail off as the tears burn my throat, my mouth goes dry as my heart was in the pit of my stomach.

“I know it hurts you, I do this for your own good. Mag’s, you need to wake up and realize this isn’t a movie…I love you and don’t want you to waste your time on a guy that most likely doesn’t even remember you.” Her words cut deep as she gets up throwing away her apple, I gulp trying to remember how to breathe.

“Here’s Jakey!” Jake yells attempting to slide on my wooden floors to come into view in the doorway, we all laugh as he loses his balance falling face first on the floor. I rush to his aid as I laugh, “That hurt like a bitch.” He groans taking my hand to help,

“Well at least you looked good doing it,” I chuckle as he smiles proud, “Get a makeover or something?” I ask noticing his new clothes and his fresh haircut.

“Yeah…glad you noticed…” he stammers suddenly pulling his hand away from me, and walking over to Emily I smile at his awkwardness before going back to the cake.