Chapter 21

Today was the day. You were more nervous than you had ever been in your life. There wasn't much to it, but you still felt your stomach churning. You were currently in your sister's room. Runa had insisted she help you with your hair. You had no idea what she was doing with it, but whatever it was had to be very complicated. You'd been sitting there for 20 minutes already. You felt a tug.

"Ow! Runa!"

"I know, I know. I'm trying not to pull, but I didn't promise this was gonna be painless. But I can promise that it's gonna be worth it!" You sighed, smiling slightly. Still, the sickness in your stomach returned quickly. You groaned as it felt worse this time. "Hey, don't throw up on your dress, sis." You grumbled at her, but your face fell again and she seemed to realize it was pretty bad. "You'll do fine. There's nothing to it! Besides, this honestly won't change much. It'll just make it official! You want that, don't you?"

"Of course I do! I'm just...afraid of looking..."

"Dumb?" She asked. 

"Yeah..." You muttered.

"Like I said, it's not hard."

"How do you know? You're not married!" 

"I have been to weddings before and it seriously doesn't look hard at all. I'm sure you won't even think about being worried once you get up there. You'll be too focused on him." You thought about it.

"I guess you have a point there..."

"Exactly. Now, this is gonna pull a bit. Just bare with me." You felt another tug, but this one wasn't as bad since you were ready for it. 

"Thanks for the warning that time." You chuckled.

"Don't mention it." She chuckled along. Then, there was a knock at the door. 

"State your name and business!" Runa snapped quickly. She was also on attack dog mode since she was determined for Hiccup not to see you beforehand.

"Gods, Runa! It's just me!"

"Not specific!"

"Thor almighty. It's Ash!"

"I demand proof-"

"Come in, Ash!" You laughed, cutting Runa off. She glared at you but went back to work as Ash came in. 

"Hey, (Y/n). Wow, Runa, that's really impressive-"

"SHUT THE DOOR BEFORE ANYBODY SEES!" Runa shouted. Startled, Ash quickly closed the door and Runa nodded, satisfied. 

"Tell me you aren't going to do this to any of our wives if and when we get married," Ash muttered nervously.

"You will not see her for a week before time with Runa on guard." You giggled, teasing her. But seriously, you had barely seen Hiccup at all during any of the outfit planning. Runa had kept everything with you under wraps. It was a tad ridiculous, but you'd been glad to be able to see him every night at least since you both were living together.

"Oh, quiet! I'm sorry I'm traditional!"

"That hairstyle isn't traditional." She glared daggers at him and he said no more.

"Anyway, what's going on Ash?" You asked, changing the subject.

"Well, Hiccup is definitely getting antsy. He wants to know what torture you're going through. Everybody is actually kinda scared with how Runa's acting right now."

"How can they be scared? We've been in here alone for a while." Runa asked.

"The shouts of our mad sister travel pretty far," Ash said with a grin. She huffed and kept working.