torn apart

"Cory, I know this is sudden, but you cant lash out like this!," my mother screached to my unlistening ears.

       I was  too busy listening to Im not okay (I promise) by My Chemical Romance while ripping my posters off of my walls at the news. Melodramatic, I know, but you have to understand at the time i felt as though my entire life was being torn apart. (And indirectly it kind of was) I was having to move to a completely new town in a different state.

        It was so far in the middle of nowhere that I couldn't even find it on google maps. At the time, this was one of the worst things that could ever happen to me.

       "You are ruining my life right now! You just dont understand me!" I scream at her. 

        Mom paused for a moment and thought. Then, I swear over my grave, I saw her light up with an idea. It almost looked like a lightbulb was going to pop up over her head. She calmly said, "If you stop throwing this tantrum then I'll let you dye your hair any colour that you want."

          As soon as I heard this, I did what I feel the most gutless, shallow thing I could have done in that moment was. I slowly turned my red wet  face toward her and said," even blue?"

         "Yes, even blue. As long as you dont complain about this move anymore. It will be a great opportunity for me and your father. You know this."

         A week later, I was standing in an airport  with my bags sitting beside me getting ready to board a plane to Alabama. My hair was in two blue spacebuns and I had a smile on my teary face as i was leaving any sense of normalcy forever.

AN: This is  pretty bad isn't it....
Oh well, I feel like writing it so I am.