-»Chapter one - Aspen«-

'Come on fatty! Wake up!' I heard my thirteen year old brother, Blair yell at me.

I rolled over with a groan and opened my eyes. The sunlight was streaming through the huge window that was behind my bed. Blair was standing at the end of the bed, with his dark brown hair disheveled and his glasses on. His brown eyes twinkled with amusement as I sat up straight and stretched.

'What?' I muttered annoyed.He smiled slightly and motioned to something he was holding.

'Mum told me to give you this,' he said and sat down next to me. I ran a hand through my chocolate brown hair and rubbed my eyes before taking the thing that he was holding. It was a plane ticket. I frowned.

'Sydney, Australia? What the hell?' Blair shrugged. 'She just told me to give you this and make sure that you get dressed and meet her in the living room. Abby will be there as well, but you know how long it takes for her to get ready,' he preferred to our sister. I nodded and he stood up. 'Just get ready,' he muttered and walked out. I stood up and walked to my closet, just throwing on some random clothes and "un-messing" my hair.

My mum was cool, but she did preferred her three children looking groomed and neat. It was just one of her traits, even though she knew that we loved to have our messy hair, which we got from our father, and we most of the time threw some clothes on that were just there, but when we left the house, everything needed to be proper and clean.

Whatever. I really don't know how she is still with my father. He is seriously one of the messiest persons I know, but just like with us, mum forces him to look proper. I guess that also had to do a lot with our status.

I slowly walked to the huge living room where I saw my mum sitting. Her dark red hair was up in a classic princess roll, she was wearing a light grey, sleeveless dress that ended just below her knee that had a thin brown belt and to finish it all off, she had some shiny black high heels on. My mum was a tiny lady, but she was more on the full side. In a good and healthy way, that is. I tiredly walked over to her and a smile lit up her face. Abby looked a lot like her, only she had brown hair. Mum walked over to me and hugged me. I had to bend through my knees to give her a proper hug, even with her heels.

'Good morning Aspen,' she said with a smile. I smiled back.

'Morning mum,' I replied. A loud crash from behind us caught my attention. 'Sorry Roger!' my sister, Abby yelled to our butler, before running into the living room. I had to hide my laughter when I saw how my twin looked. Her hair was just as messy as mine, her white shirt was half tucked into her jeans, her flannel shirt was inside out and her shoelaces were untied. She glared at me when she saw that I was laughing and I just smiled. She smacked the back of my head and turned to our mum with a sweet smile on her face.

'Mum, what were the tickets for?' she asked, trying to hide her curiosity, but failed miserably.

My mum's happy face turned into a blank one and she motioned for us to sit down. You see, our mum was a serious person, but when she sent us both down and made us sit, it was something that we either wouldn't like, or she knew that we would get mad. I know that that is a bit dramatic, saying that that always happened when she called us down. Of course that wasn't always the case, but I guess it already is made clear when my mums usual amused or happy face went blank. She also pulled that face when she and my father told us that our grandfather, Oliver passed away. Or when we found out that our niece, Maud was diagnosed with cancer. She is cured now, all healthy, but it was still a shock.

'Abigail, Aspen, I need to tell you something.'

Oh god, here it comes. 'Because of your bad behavior lately, your father and I have decided that you need a little refresher if you will. If you remember from a few years ago, we had some friends that sadly passed away, but their daughter and sons live in Australia. We hand contact with one of their sons, Gabriel, and he was able to help us out. You two, together with Henderson, will be moving to Australia for your last year of high school,' she announced.