Chapter Ten: Remember

The home was narrow but still lengthy, three levels of rooms and furniture, Jonathan's palace was one of the newly foundations rebuilt after the war. Italy was one of the countries stuck in the middle and gained the worse of the stick. Venice was sunken once and rebuilt in the past sixty years after the treaty was signed, it was one of the first cities to gain attention. Jonathan O'Hare was one of the well paying investments who matched onto the building thirty years ago, a little after he met his wife- Alessandra.

Their story was no different than the young couple sitting across from them, however, Alessandra was not a whore in a twist led family matter. In fact, she was one of the few families that lost their home and all of their history to the bombings. "Let me tell you." Frantic and overly excited when sharing their past, Alessandra jabbed the silver fork in the air as her waves of passion to repeat the tale was taken over. "My mother was the most beautiful and fierce woman in Venice, she worked twice as hard as any man." Her thick accent further drive the visible passion and praise to her mother.

Jonathan gently lowered down his wife's hand before she could stab anyone's eye out. Alessandra continues with their story, first by going through the natural praising of her mother. "Mama brought a boat with half of the money saved, father thought she was a madman, told her she could not do it. Of course, she proved everyone wrong and used that boat to transport tomatoes into the city, earned us twice what she spent every week. Then she came upon this big buona cannella, wanting to lower the price of the trade. Putting two of the most stubborn people in one room would only create a disaster, being the most kind native in this lovely city, I invited him to dinner and manage to swoon him into keeping the regular price."

Delilah was fascinated with the two, surely Alessandra was the talker of the couple while Jonathan seems to be the calm and also murderous type of anyone ever disrespect his wife. "What did your mother say when you two decided to marry?"

They shared a look, one of humor and emotion, Jonathan was the one to answer. "She practically threatened me to not talk my way out of the wedding and use my skills to lowering the price. Amongst many other things."

"Do you want anymore wine?" Alessandra was already tempted to fill Delilah's cup, if it weren't for the young woman's fast reflex.

"No, thank you, I'm known as a light weight."

"How did you two meet?" Jonathan spoke boldly, the question has been on his mind ever since he heard the news of his nephew bringing a guest- a woman specifically.

Saying they've met just two days ago in a brothel would only dampen the mood and make the older man fairly upset. The two shared a quick glance before Delilah gained the courage to speak. "Through my mother, she's a nurse who help women, mostly give them a place to stay." The lie came out so fast and smooth, Delilah didn't break into sweats nor did the couple before her question it.

"Mom told me to invest into something that would help aid the country, so I did. There I met Delilah playing a piano for her mother's guest." Wyatt stared down at the petite being, his mind drift back to just a few days ago at the brothel, his eyes sparkled and lips tugged into a small smile. Once realizing he looked like fool, he turned back to his uncle, who was starting to connect the dots.

"You only been in London for a week, as your mother wrote in her letter, how-"

"L'amore non ha limiti nel tempo, la cannella." Alessandra interrupts, her own smile making the room lighter and Jonathan's logical questions out the window.

Wyatt grew stiff, his eyes darken and lips thinned before speaking. "Non è amore Siamo principalmente amici."

"Sure you are." Jonathan teased, his eyes flickered between the embarrassed bachelor and confused fawn. "Well, I am going to move this party into the sitting room, have a glass of brandy, and sit in front of the fire. Nephew, you want to join me as the ladies clean up."