Chapter 10.

Author's Note : I'll start Isabella's POV right after the lunch break, I know you need the details *wiggles eyebrows*

***

Lunch break went pretty well. I met the receptionist, Sophia-who had helped me during my interview.

She is a really friendly person. So, we have become work friends. Our food choices are similar too. In fact, we made the same order together and then laughed about it later on.

After lunch, I wanted to pee really bad, so I went to the washroom while Sophia made her way to work.

As I made my way towards my office, I saw Mr. Ainsworth on his way to the lift. As he saw me, he stopped and looked straight at me till I was near him.

As I neared him, Sophia spoke up, "Isabella, you know that your shoelaces are undone, right?"

Damn Sophia!

I looked back at her and clumsily stepped on a shoelace and was afraid I would fall on the floor and bruise my face as usual, but instead I collided with Mr. Ainsworth's chest.

Mmm...his musky scent, though.

I'm this short?

My head rested just till his chest. Or let us say, just a bit lower. So I can't grow my height now, can I? This means that I'll always stay this short!?

I started doing calculations about my height in my head when I felt vibrations.

Oh... It's Mr. Ainsworth coughing.

Oh! It's Mr. Ainsworth coughing!

"Mr. Ainsworth Sorry! I-I completely zoned out." I moved away from his chest, embarrassed.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Sophia trying her best to ignore us as she peered into a file.

"Where?"

"Huh?"

"Where did you zone out to?" He asked, his eyes bearing into mine.

"Uh I don't know...I-"

"Fine." He chuckled and moved past me.

I stood watching as he waited for the elevator. The doors opened and he went inside, the doors closed, the lift went away and I finally sighed.

"What was that, Isabella?" Sophia asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What was what?" I asked, trying to act innocent.

"You know what I am talking about. Spill the tea, sis." She said, making me roll my eyes.

"Can't you see? I was falling down and he helped saving me. That's it." I shrugged walking towards my office.

"He doesn't save people on an everyday basis, you know."

"People aren't clumsy enough to fall on him everyday, you know."
I replied, mimicking her and went inside my office to save myself from any other embarrassing enquiry.

For the past few minutes, Mr. Ainsworth was gone to wherever he was gone. So, I had enough time to relieve myself from the stupid antic I had done.

Well, we can't take it back, right, Forget it Isabella.

I wore my glasses back. I had left them in here when I went to lunch
And just as I was trying to forget my stupid deed, Mr. Ainsworth came into my office.

He came in and stood in front of the desk, staring at me. I didn't have the courage to look at him, so I simply looked down on my hands, fidgeting them.