Chapter 30.

"Quick! Quick! Please, it's an emergency."

"Will you please calm down Miss. We cannot make it any quicker." The nurse said as he pushed the strecher inside the room.

"Call a relative of his for the paperwork." He said before closing the door hastily behind him.

I searched up for his mobile phone's password from the list of his various passwords and typed it up. Who should I call now? His mother, probably. I typed in an 'm' and scrolled to find her contact stored as Mom. She picked it way too quickly.

"Hey sweetie! I'm so bored here without you."

"Ma'am its Isabella Greene. His assistant."

"Oh, hello dear."

"There's a problem." I bit my nails anxiously.

"Wha-what's wrong? Is he fine?"

"He had an accident. Got hit by a car. I've got him to the City Hospital." I held the chair near me for support.

"I'll be there in a minute." She stated and hung up.

And really, she was there in a minute. She spotted me and frantically ran towards me.

"How is he? How did this happen? Oh God! It isn't something critical is it?" She cried out.

"I-I don't know how. He had just pushed me over to a side. All I heard was a crash. I turned around to find him wounded. A reckless car driver did it all. Just yelled a sorry and ran away."

"That bastard." She seethed.

"I-I'm so sorry ma'am. All of this happened because of me."

"How on earth can you mak-" She was cut off as the doctor made his way towards us.

"How is he!?" She ran over to him.

"He's a lucky man, I must say. Got his spine saved. He has a broken hip and a few broken ribs. Well, his right arm is fractured. There are some other minor injuries as well. I would suggest that you don't let him work for a week. Four days at least."

"Thank God." She whispered. "I'll make sure he doesn't work. Thank you so so much."

"That's what we are here for." He smiled. "You can take him home in about half an hour, as soon as he's conscious."

Within an hour, we were in Mr. Ainsworth's room. We helped him lay down on the bed and went outside the room to give him some time to rest. He did not even utter a word till then. Outside, it seemed as if she was having some distant thoughts, like she was worried about something.

"So you'll go home now?" She asked.

"No. I have to look for an apartment, actually. My roommate left yesterday so I have to look for a smaller place. I cannot afford it alone."

"Oh."

"Is something troubling you?" I gently kept my hand over hers.

"Yes darling. His father- he has some blood pressure problems. He forgets his pills and he wouldn't take care if himself when I would not be around. But then I need someone to take care of himself. I just don't know what to do." Tears made way into her eyes.

"I'll do it."

"What?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll do it for you. Besides I'm the one responsible for this."

"Number one: stop addressing me as ma'am, my name is Lara. Number two: stop blaming yourself for whatever happened and number three" Her voice softened. "You would do that for me?"