Chapter 2 Horrible days & Red cheeks

Mari's P.O.V

The next morning went as normal. I got up, took my shower, brushed my teeth and then got dressed. Toonz had already been up and out the door, as she had a meeting to go to in the morning.

I soon found myself in the kitchen. Grabbing my purse and keys so I can head out to work. I usually grabbed breakfast there if I'm early, and since today is breakfast burrito day at work, you can bet that I'll be there early.

Though, just as I went to leave the kitchen to head out, I noticed a pinky sticky note on my fridge. I put down my purse, and walked over it it. Feeling a sense of confusion as I pulled it off the fridge. I went ahead and read what it said.

'Sorry I couldn't say bye Del, they told me I had to come in a bit earlier due to the meeting. Though we should meet up for lunch at the mall!
-Toonz'

I smiled and put the note in my back pocket. I walked back over to my purse and picked it up, waking out of the kitchen and out my front door.

As I turned to lock it, my phone started to ring. I pulled out my phone from my purse and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mari Schuyler?"

"Ah yes! This is she"

"I am sad to inform you that you no longer need to come to work. The boss has decided it would be best for the company to lay you off, as well as a few others."

I stood there, not saying anything as I took in what she had just said to me.

I can't believe they're firing me! There surely has to be some mistake. I thought as I was brought back to reality.

"If it's alright for you to clarify and tell me the reason I am being laid off, I would very much appreciate it." I say, my voice giving away my current shock about the news.

"After going through some files, Mr. Hamilton realized that he has yet to get any sort of paperwork's from you. And seeing as he noticed you are one of the assistants here who deal with some important paperwork, he decided it would be best to lay you off."

I sigh, looking around as if I were a child lost in a store. I brought my hand up to my face and wiping it. I was irritated about this.

I finally get a job after searching for months, only to be laid off 3 months later!

My heart was breaking, I didn't know what to do. And most importantly, how would I bring this up to Toonz?

"Ah, thank you for informing me"

"Your welcome Ms. Schuyler, and I am very sorry to see you go. Hopefully you'll find another job."

And after that, I hung up.

I couldn't believe what had just happened.
I don't know how I'm supposed to be able to do things on my own if this is what's going to happen to me.

Will I ever be able to get on my feet? And how will I get anywhere at this rate?

Questions after questions seem to fill up my head, making me feel as if I'm going to explode.