16

DECEMBER, 2016

DECEMBER, 2016

⋆͛♡⋆͛

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE AND EVERYONE WAS AT ARIANA'S. every single room was filled with people, ariana loved it.

"who's was the last to use the santa clause wrapping paper?" doug shouted from the pool room. nobody was sure why he'd be wrapping his presents near water but it worked for him.

"i was using it a couple minutes ago, but jacob took it!" lexie yelled back. doug marched up the stairs and up another flight to jacob's room. ariana laughed at the sight.

laura and zendaya were out shopping for food for dinner tonight, victoria was last minute gift shopping, lexie, frankie, courtney, joan, tommy, and alfredo were all putting last minute touches on the tree. tom was sitting there watching, ariana took notice of his sad face. she waited for tom to look at her, when he did, she went out to the balcony, him getting the signal and following.

they sat down on the couch by the fire pit, overlooking new york. ariana turned her attention toward tom, she sat with her legs crossed, he turned towards her too.

"what's wrong?" ariana asked him.

"is it that obvious?" ariana nodded,

"i don't know, its just, i've never spent a christmas away from my family. i just hope they aren't upset that i chose to be here instead of there," he said. tears welled in the boys eyes, this was the first time ariana had ever seen him like this. she searched the boys face, trying to make him look at her, she finally got it.

"i'm sorry," she started, "you would be with your family if it weren't for me. i invite the cast, and then they invite you and you feel obligated to be here. i guess i just like to think that everyone here's a family, but i understand you haven't known them for that long," ariana paused and looked up at the boy, they both had just realized what she had done. she just called him family.

"if you're wondering if i'm going to take but what i just said, i'm not," she said, "you've helped me through a lot actually, and you know things that everyone here but my momma and my nona don't know. kinda sounds like family to me. not friends though, we're sometimes family." she finished. he smiled,

"sometimes family," he repeated her, "i like being here, so don't think i don't. i just get homesick really easily, and my best memories are with my family back home," he said. ariana nodded, understanding completely.

"can i meet them?" she blurted. her eyes widened, and so did his, it was a very random question to ask, "that was a really weird question, never—," but tom interrupted her,

"no you can, i'll face time them. i've met literally your entire family so it's only fair if you meet mine," ariana laughed.

tom's family answered the call immediately, the five of their faces in the frame.

"merry christmas!" they all said, it was christmas morning for them, christmas eve for tom and ariana.

"merry christmas," tom said, he made a gesture to ariana telling her to get in the frame. her face appeared and the family gasped,

"hello, ariana!" the mom said, "merry christmas!" she said smiling at the girl who was smiling from ear to ear.

"hi, oh my god you guys are all so cute. merry christmas!" ariana said waving to tom's brothers who were all waving to her. tom smiled at the girl, she was truly excited to meet them.

"thank you for always letting tom stay when he's in new york, i hope he's respectful," dom, tom's dad said. tom rolled his eyes at the comment, ariana looked at tom, laughed, and then back at the parents,

"your son is very polite, a very caring person as well," she added. tom smiled at the last part, the girl turned her head as she heard zendaya and victoria shout they were home.

"okay guys, we have to go. love you all, merry christmas," tom said.

"bye you guys, nice meeting you!" ariana said. tom hung up the phone,

"god, why can't you be more like your mom, holland? had to lie to her and everything," she said sarcastically. he laughed,

"let's go make some cookies?" he asked.

"mhmm," she said as they made their way inside to everyone.

ariana stopped dead in her tracks when she entered the living room. there, sitting next to alfredo, was mac. tom looked at ariana, he didn't know what he should do. he suddenly took her arm and pulled her into the bathroom that was to their left,

"i can tell him to leave," tom said immediately. ariana smiled at the boy.

"nah it's okay, i can handle myself holland. thank you though," she said. getting ready to walk out, she turned around.

"if i didn't know any better i would think you're starting to care about me," she smirked at the boy.

"by you pulling me out on the balcony earlier asking me if i was okay, i would say the same," he replied.

"touché. let's go make some cookies," she said.