dear future forever person, | p. parker

warning: a curious peter that
invades your privacy
________________________________

Peter was sitting on the rug in your room.

He sat quietly, waiting for you to arrive.
Somehow he spotted a notebook in the gap between your mattress and the bedframe.

It looked like your sketchbook, and he wanted
to see your new drawings.

He flipped through the first few pages, soon realizing that this journal was for... the person you were going to marry.

He was a bit confused at first, but then he understood.

One entry read:

"Dear future forever person,

First off, why in the world would you want to spend the rest of your life with me?? I'm really annoying, you know. I eat way too much and I can spend literally all day only watching the Office and I get really cranky when I'm tired. Just thought I'd throw that out there, since it seems like that hasn't been brought to your attention. I don't know why I put firstly, that was the only thing I was going to say. Anyway, that's all."

"Annoying? Kinda actually the complete opposite." Peter thought to himself.
These were the little things that made him fall in love with you even more, and you called them annoying?

He knew he shouldn't be looking through this, but his curiosity was not letting him stop.

Another said:

"I hope you like cliché stuff. Not even kidding, I want to go on late night drives with you, blasting the Ramones as we sing at the top of our lungs. I want to hold your hand, and I want to steal your sweatshirt. I want to hug you at random times and watch old movies with you and kiss you in the rain. You realky don't have any choice, so suck it up and deal with ittttt!"

A light chuckle left his mouth.

If only you knew he wanted to be that person for you.

He flipped toward the back to see newer ones.

One read:

"I don't know if you even exist. I don't want to believe that you exist. I don't want to keep loving just to get hurt again. I don't want to be let down again."

That was dated July 19, 2018. The day you found out your now ex-boyfriend had been cheating.

His heart hurt reading these words.

Another entry from earlier this year said:

"Starting to gain more hope. I thought you were someone else a few months ago, but now I know. You've been in front of my eyes all this time, but I don't feel like getting my hopes up again. Going to give it some time and see what happens."

"Who is she talking about?" Peter said to himself.

"Who is who talking about?" you asked, as you threw your bag on your bed.

"Wh-what? Nothing! I didn't say anything."

You looked at the spot where your journal usually was. Gone.

Peter seemed to be hiding something.

"What are you hiding, Peter?"

( I swear if you get that reference, I will love you for eternity)

He sheepishly held up the notebook.

"Oh, god. Peter!"
"I'm sorry, I was bored?"
"Bored? Couldn't you have found something to do that didn't involve invading my privacy??" you huffed.
"I said I was sorry!" he pleaded.

"How much did you read?" you muttered as you rubbed the bridge of your nose.

"Up to this page," he pointed, as he showed you.

You knew what page it was. You had written that page the other day. That day was a rough day for you, and you know who was there by your side comforting you? Peter.

Peter loved you. And you loved him. The only thing now was for one of you to actually do something about it.
You imagined all that you and Peter could be, but you were too afraid. You knew Peter was different, but did you really want to risk it?

Silence filled the room.

"Who is the person?" he asked.

You didn't respond, not being able to find the words to say.

"You know what, I shouldn't even be asking. I'm sorry. I'm going to go" he explained.

He grabbed his satchel and his camera, walking out of the door.

A few minutes passed, you decided that he needed to know.

"Now or never," you thought to yourself.

Running downstairs and out the door, you began to take his route home to hopefully catch him.

"Peter!" you yelled, trying to see if any of the people in the crowd ahead of you would react.

Sure enough, the brown eyed boy turned around and met your gaze.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did I forget my phone or something?"

You didn't even acknowledge what he had just asked, but you simply said "It's you."

"What's me?" he asked, completely puzzled.

"It's. You." you repeated.

And click.

His expression changed instantly from confusion to complete shock.

"Wait wait wait. I'm the one you were talking about?" he asked, slowly.

You nodded shyly.

"I hope that's okay. I'm sorry if this scares you, I jus-"

"I love you."

It was your turn to be completely shocked.

You hugged him as tight as you could.

He sighed, a huge smile on his face as he held you in his arms.

"I love you too," you responded.

________________________________
this was a bit unrealistic but don't mind that! let a girl dream :')