jealous | p. parker

warnings: none, except a lil jealous peter
___________________________

You and Ned were sitting in the library, trying to laugh as quietly as you could. Ned needed some help on his biology homework, and you were the person he went to first.

Piles of paper and textbooks were scattered across the table.

Peter was supposed to show up at 5, but it was already 45 minutes past 5.

you
uh where are you??

pete
had to stop an idiot from
robbing the corner store, be there soon

you
dont swing and text!! be safe, see you soon

pete
okay mom, see you in a sec

Within a matter of seconds, Peter busted through the front doors of the library. This, of
course, did not make the librarian the happiest.
You and Ned laughed at Peter. Peter shyly held his head down low, trying to hide his shame.

"Hey," he whispered to the two of you. "Hi, dingus," you whispered back. You pulled out your phone and nudged Ned, showing him a meme. The two of you lost it, trying to hide that you two were practically squawking. Peter looked at you two with a confused look on his face.

"It's a bit hard to explain, especially since it's an inside joke," Ned told him.

Peter got a bit quiet, his envy of Ned showing on his face. He shifted uncomfortably and pulled his textbook out of his backpack.

"Okay, sorry. Back on topic," you told Ned, trying to calm yourself.

You picked up the pile of notecards again and began quizzing Ned.

"Is it homeostasis?" Ned asked.
You shook your head.
"C'mon, I believe in you and your smart brain. You just said it a few minutes ago," you encouraged, shooting him a smile.

To Peter, you and Ned were looking at each other and smiling for a few seconds too long.

Pete huffed and packed up his bag before taking off.

You were taken aback, looking at Ned with utter confusion.

"I'll be right back," you said before running out to catch Peter.

You sped to the door, and began running once you got outside. Luckily, Peter had stopped to sit on a bench.

"What the hell was that?" you exclaimed, pointing in the direction of the library.
"Obviously there's something going on there. You know exactly what I'm talking about," Peter shot back.
"I don't actually. What? Are you jealous or something?" you questioned.

Peter was looking down at the ground, not saying a word. "You're jealous?" you asked again.

"How am I not supposed to be? You and Ned always laughing and talking to each other, and the way you look at him and he looks at you and- it's just all too much for me!! I don't want to be a third wheel, especially to you," Peter rambled.

"Peter. Look at me."

He met your eyes, his looking like a mix of sadness and frustration.

"Ned doesn't look at me like that. He's an amazing friend, nothing more. If you think we've gotten closer, it's because we have. It's not a bad thing, y'know, for me to have friends.
Anyway, why does it matter to you?" you asked, chuckling a bit.

The longer you looked at moping Peter, the more it made sense. He was jealous because he didn't want anyone else to have you, he wanted to have you. He had to have you.

You walked to the bench and took the seat next to Peter. Your shoulders were pressed together. Taking a leap of faith, you blurted out "If it makes you feel any better, you're the one I like."

You turned to Peter to read his face. His mouth hung open slightly, no words coming out.
You pressed a small kiss to his cheek.
"That is very good news," is all he could get out for the time being.

"C'mon, let's go back in. We'll talk later, yeah?" you told him, holding out your hand.

He took it as you two walked back.