Dare the Impossible

The church doors were slammed open. In the entrance stood a man clad in black armor. On the other end of the ruined church laid a dark shade. The shade gave an aura, an aura of fear, of despair, of suffering. Yet this did not phase the man. The shade turned around, facing the man eye to eye. 

 "Have you come to meet your fate, human?"

 He smiled. 

 "No. I've come to meet yours." 

 "Ah. The bold one, are you?"

 "Bold enough to face you myself." 

 "I can see..." the shade outstretches one of its hands.

Out of nothing, the shade materializes a scythe of great size. It's hilt was as black as the abyss, it's blade as sharp as tempered steel, maybe even stronger. The man let off a cocky smile. In the same motion, he unsheathed both of his blades slowly. The swords made a peculiar ring as it glimmered through the somber night. 

"Shall we begin?" he asked the shade.

"Very well, human. Come and face destiny." the shade said grimly.

The ground shook as a mystical circle formed around the man. Black tendrils had emerged from the ground, ready to contest the shade's strength. The man quickly charged, the tendrils following behind him. The shade swung his scythe as the man jumped towards it and swung his. A long and bloody battle ensued as the sound of clashing blades echoed throughout the wind.

Another One Shot (Same Topic)

The church doors swung open aggressively, a man in dark robes standing there with a tired but yet bold look on his face. Black mist covered the room, a round of evil, menacing, laughter was heard.

The mist would start to swirl in the center of the room, a gigantic figure forming.The figure was cloaked in all black, mist forming in its right hand. 

The man scowled at it, shouting "This is the end! All the people you have hurt! That you have killed! It ends today!"

 The figure let out that menacing laugh again, the Windows seeming to black out leaving the entire room in a light dark color. "You think you can kill me? A god? I am death it self, leave now mortal and I might consider letting you live." It said staring directly at the man with its not see-able eyes.

The man scowled drawing his two blades that shimmered a bright blue color. The man advanced, outstretching the blades to both of his sides and advancing towards it. It shook its head, disappointed and said "Your choice then Mortal." The mist would solidifying, a scythe of gigantic size appearing in its hand. 

The man let out a battle cry as he sprinted at it, jumping high up into the air and swinging. It swung back, clashing blades with the man. The sound of struggles and clashing would be heard throughout the night sky, he had taken on Death, and he was intent to kill it.

Well hello my old friend 

So today I'm on your list

Today you point your blade at me 

I knew it was a matter of time

Very well then I've cheated you once I can do it again 

So come on Shall we see

Who the real reaper is?

Another

Your time has come warrior,

You have the chance to cheat death, 

This time I wont let it happen again

Enjoy :)