Six

Harry had two hours left before the meeting tonight with Lexie and the rest of the council, which Campbell happened to be on. So that mean two hours to gain Campbell's support of why he should let his own cousin stay with Harry. Shouldn't be too hard.. right?

Harry left Allie in Grizz's watch, which relieved a massive amount of stress from his shoulders. He was trying to get a hold of Luke, but Luke had made it clear he wanted nothing to do with the situation. Getting the leader of the Guard would have strengthened Harry's position, but Grizz was the next best bet.

In his car, Harry took out his phone and dialed Campbell's number.

"Hello." He said coolly on the other line.

"We need to talk."

"Can this wait after the meeting?"

"No."

"Hmm. Where are you right now?"

"Not home."

"Sweet. Pick me up then on the way."

Harry pulled his phone away from his ear, releasing the breath he had been holding the entire time. The warning from Allie about Campbell had replayed in his mind, and he was suddenly nervous meeting him.

He pulled up in front of Campbell's house three minutes later. Campbell was already walking out of the door, grinning as he made his way to the black audi.

"Harry! How you feeling bud?" Campbell greeted him as he slid into the passenger seat. The second he shut the door Harry took off.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. Did you run out already?"

Harry shook his head. He hated depending on Campbell for the drugs that provided the one and only form of relief in this society.

"Have you taken any today?"

"No."

"That explains why you look tense. Loosen up."

Harry made it clear he wasn't in the mood for talking at the moment. But Campbell didn't care.

"How's my dear cousin? Did you go see her today?" He asked, zero hint of concern in his voice about Allie's well being. Campbell thought she deserved what was coming to her. After all, she had taken his girlfriend from her and arrested her right under him. To him, Allie could rot for all he cared.

"I went to see Lexie." Harry said, avoiding the topic of Allie until they got to his house.

"Ah. And how did that go?"

"She dragged Allie out of the hospital to the cellar without my consent and the council's."

"Hmm. So now you want my input on all of this." Campbell said, since he was a prominent member of the council, and Harry's advisor.

"I know I'm not the only one who sees that she's starting to abuse her power."

"She's power hungry. And you're not really doing anything to help either. You're letting her steer the wheel."

"I don't care. She's not going to the council before she decides rules. Doesn't that make you mad?"

"You know Harry, none of this would be an issue if you asserted your power more. Lexie needs someone to put her in her place. And you are the only person that can do that."

"I just wanted my privacy back. I never wanted this."

"The best leaders are the ones that don't want to lead. Take control."