Chapter 20

"No, loosen it up a little." I tell Manisha as she ties the knot for my lehenga blouse. Now my dressing and hair are almost done. All I need to do now is a little make up.

"Ma," She calls out to her mother who appears in no time after hearing her call. "Try getting Misha to sleep. Otherwise she will be sleeping during the ceremony." She tells her, referring to her baby. I had grown so attached to her and I could say the same about her too.

We hear a knock at the door, sometime after Manisha's Mom left with the baby. "Come in." I inform them. I look at the mirror to find my brother and Sister-in-law.

"How long will you take to get ready? Girls!" He sighs, exasperatedly, at the last part. I take offence to his words and before I could reply with a comeback of some sort, Bhabi beats me to it and hits him, playfully. "Cut her some slack. It's her special day." She tells him. He obliges without saying anything back in return.

"Hey by the way, did your fiancé see your photo, ever?" He asks and I glare at him without giving him an answer. "Sounds funny. How can someone volunteer to spend the rest of their life with this girl? Poor dude." He teases me in a tone as if genuinely sorry for Gautham.

"Photo? Both of them have been on numerous dates already. " Manisha informs him with a smirk.

"Wow. Something must be really wrong with him." He says. Bhabhi actually turns out to be traitor and laughs at whatever her husband says.

"Why isn't Vikas here?" My brother asks Manisha, referring to her husband.

"No, bhaiya. He told me he boarded the plane. I guess he'll be here soon." She tells him. She is not as close to my brother like me.

"Why so close to the wedding? He could've come atleast a week ago right?" He questions her.

"Look who's talking. Don't forget that you turned up here only yesterday. And idiot, where is my chocolate?" I ask him. It's our tradition for him to get me a chocolate everytime he visits me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about it. I had actually come to your room only for that." He pulls out a chocolate from his pocket and places it on the table before me. "Okay, you get ready." He turns to leave. Suddenly, he halts in his footsteps and turns back towards me. He makes an attempt to ruffle my hair and I gasp at him. But before he could do that, Manisha swats him away.

"Don't. I spent about forty minutes doing her hair. If you spoil it, I'll kill you." He takes Manisha's words as his cue to leave.

"Now, what jewellery are you going to wear?" Manisha asks me, being done with my make up too.

"I actually had purchased a set for this lehenga. But, the earrings that I got as a gift from morning's haldi ceremony seems even more perfect." I tell Manisha. "Bhabi," I call out to her, since she did not leave the room with her stupid husband. "See which one looks good. I have both the earrings on the bed. " I tell her and soon she picks both the earrings and inspects both of them.

"Bhabi, after you select one, help her with the jewellery. I will be right back." Manisha informs us and leaves the room.

"I think this one looks good." She holds out the earrings that Manisha's Mom gifted to me during the haldi ceremony. She gets up from the bed and stands next to me, unscrewing them and putting them on.

"Bhabi?"

"Hmm?"

"You seem pretty happy and glowing as of lately." I tell her, my eyes glinting mischievously. I have an idea what it is about. But, it's better to clarify with her before I get too excited.