Part 1

• Dedicated to Danny

"BREAKING NEWS!!! EBOLA HAS OVERCAME MORE THAN HALF THE POPULATION OF THE USA AND THE PRESIDENT HAS DECIDED TO KILL ALL WHO HAVE EBOLA!!!" I stared at the TV in disbelief. "Maya? Are we going to die? Is mama y papa going to die? Is our cousins and tias and tios going to die?" I asked. "NO,NO,NO! We are going to survive this tragedy. And no one is going to die sweetie." Maya explained calmly. I sighed. "Really Maya?" Maya nodded. "Time to hit the hay you two," mama said. I nodded and ran to the kitchen to go drink some milk before bed. As I served myself my drink, I heard Maya whispering to mama. " Mama, do you think we might die?" Maya questioned. "I'm afraid so mija." I felt like there was a evil cupid shooting my heart. I ran to my room and jumped on my bed. I curled up on my bed like a puppy, remembering about the frightening answer of what mama said to Maya. My eyes started to spill little beads of crystal clear raindrops and I started weeping. I didn't want mama and papa to die or my sister. If they die, then I'll die! I swallowed my tears and started chocking on them."We cant die, we cant die, we cant die, we cant die..." I repeated over and over until I fell asleep. And I dreamt. I dreamed about me and daddy going to the Halloween party where we first caught Ebola.