Melody Bolso (demigod)

~Melody pov~

AN: I apologize for anything said that offend people. I don't believe anything offensive that in this story. Sorry for anything that offends you.

Hey guys! My name is Melody. I go to Stormbrook high in Arizona. Yeah. It's stupid name for a stupid school. There's a lost of prejudice here. Mainly about African Americans. So I guess that you can say that I drew the short stick, being half African American, half Puerto Rican. With medium dark skin, curly brown hair that reaches my shoulders, and shattered blue eyes, I didn't look like my fellow peers.

"Hey girl, gonna call your daddy? Oh wait! You don't have one!" Jessica Madona called out.

Yeah. I should mention that I also don't have a dad. Mom says that he was handsome and that he would have loved me had he not had to leave us to keep us safe from his family.

I continued my walk into school, praying that Brady Barnolov wasn't waiting for me by my locker. Praying that he would pick on the new kid that was supposed to be coming today. I know it's mean, but it's been three years since I started high school here and I'm still the target. But, my luck wasn't with me, because Brady was waiting for me with his gang.

"Hey girl. Why don't you go kill yourself and save everyone the trouble of having to look at you." He said. His gang-sorry friends-laughed.

"Hey, why don't you leave her alone?" A new voice called out.

I turned around and there was another African American girl with dark skin, curly cinnamon brown hair, and gold eyes. She had her hands on her hips, with papers in one and a sack lunch in the other. She was wearing a cream colored 50s style school girl dress that had black trim and went down to her knees with a black belt around her waist. Her hair was held back with a cream colored headband.

"Why don't you shut up you little witch!" One of the jocks said

"Why don't you shut up you little witch!" One of the jocks said. The crowd surrounding us laughed and smirked.

"Why don't you shut up and go away?" She asked, her gold eyes flashing.

Surprisingly, they did. As they dispersed, she came up to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked.

"Y-yeah. They do that a-a lot." I stuttered quietly.

"I'm Hazel. Since I'm new here, could you show me around?" Hazel asked.

"Yeah. I'm Melody." I said.

"Can you tell me where locker 172 is?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm 171. Watch out for 173 though. That's one of the plastics." I said.

I am a sucker for musicals.

"Plastics? You mean like Mean Girls?" She asked.

"Yeah! You're like one of the only people that know that reference. Oh my god we are gonna be friends." I said. She laughed.