Melody Bolso (demigod) Part 2

Recap: "Plastics? You mean like Mean Girls?" I asked. Oh thank the gods for Piper introducing me to the 21st century!

"Yeah! You're like one of the only people that know that reference. Oh my god we are gonna be friends." She said. I laughed. I like her.

———————Time skip to Lunch———————

~Melody pov~
The first 4 periods, things weren't too bad. I didn't get as much crap as I usually get but something seemed off. As I walked into the lunchroom, everyone was silent. I felt the eyes on me as I walked over to the table in the corner. As I sat down, I felt something hit my back. The cafeteria burst out laughing.

"Hey look the sauce matches her skin! Must be her father." A voice called out.

My face flushed bright red and I walked out of the cafeteria, trying not to run or cry. I hurried into the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I then heard high heels on the floor.

"Honey are you okay, you looked dead inside. Oh wait, you are child of the sun!" Jessica said.

Wait. What?

"You will make ssssuch a good ssssssnack." She said.

What the heck? What is this? What is she doing? What's with all the hissing?

"Come out of the ssssstall daughter of the sssun." She said.

I did so against my wishes and what I saw made me almost scream. Jessica had turned into a snake like woman with two trunk like tails instead of legs. Next thing I know, she lunges towards me and gold blur cuts her in half. I scream as she turns into a gold dust I see Hazel behind her with a golden sword.

"You saw that?" She asked.

"W-w-what just happened?"

"I need you to come with me."

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere safe."

"What about my mom."

"We'll deal with that later. Come on."

We run out of the school and outside. She leads me to an apartment complex. She hits one of the buzzers and a voice started to talk.

"Hazel? You back early?"

"Yeah Carol. I found them."

"Bring them up."

We headed up and were met by a woman who rushed us inside.

"Oh you poor thing. Let's get you cleaned up." She said. After I got cleaned up we headed out to the living room and Hazel called her ride.

~Hazel pov~
I walked into the cafeteria only to see Melody run out and hear the laughter. I turned around and followed her to the bathroom where I saw Jessica, who turned into a Drancae. I killed her and took Melody to Carol's apartment. As she got cleaned up, I told Carol that I was going to take her to Camp Jupiter. Melody came out and I IMed Nico.

"Hey sis."

"Hey. Can you come and pick me up? I found the demigod."

"Sure where are you?"

I gave him the address and he closed the connection. I went back to the living room and told then that it wouldn't be too long of a wait. A few minutes later, Nico showed up. Melody screamed as he came out of the shadows.

"What the heck is going on! Hazel? Anyone?" Melody asked

"It's ok Melody. I'll explain everything when we get to Camp."

"Camp? What camp is running during the school year?"

"Can we just get going? I don't need my doctor yelling at me for shadow traveling again." Nico interrupted.

We joined hands and I looked over at Carol.

"Wanna come?" I asked.

"Sure. It's been a while." She said.

"Everyone hold on and don't let go." Nico said as we dissolved into shadows.

We got to camp, the Pluto shrine, where Frank was waiting for us.

~Melody pov~
So this creepy kid showed up and then we dissolved into the shadows and then we ended up at this place that is really cool.

"Welcome to Camp Jupiter. Long story short, the Greek and Roman gods are real, you're a demigod, and your godly parent is either Apollo or Apollo." Hazel summed up.

"What's the difference?" I asked.

"One is Greek and the other is Roman." The new guy said.

"Totally not confusing." I replied. They laughed. Then someone screamed.

We ran down the hill and they drew their weapons. On the ground was a girl around the age of 19 who was lying injured on the ground. I pushed people out of the way, knelt besides her and asked for a knife. Someone handed me one and I cut off her shirt. I started asking for things that were handed over. Next thing I know, the girl's torso is covered in a thick layer of white bandages, her left arm is in a splint and her ankle is wrapped. I stepped back as other medics came pushing past people to get to her. I walked back over to Hazel and her friends. They looked at me like I had something over my head.

"What?" I asked.

"Hail Melody Bolso, daughter of Apollo. Member of the twelfth Legion Fultalima. Who will vouch for her?" The tall guy said.

"I will." Hazel replied.

"She has completed an act of valor, saving the life of Praetor Reyna. Welcome to the legion Melody." He said.

I found out later that the new guys name is Frank, Praetor Reyna was okay and that Hazel was the daughter of Pluto. The guy that came and picked us up was Hazel's half brother, Nico, and that the tattoo hurt to get. I heard from my mom and she hopes that I have fun at Camp, although she doesn't know that I'm a demigod or that my father is Apollo.