Prologue: Doomsville

Welcome to Doomsville, well this place never used to be called Doomsville and it still isn't. It is a nickname for the humans here, aliens have taken over our world and my town was the first place they choose. They don't look like souls or the green little ones with huge black eyes they are liquid creatures. I have seen them take shape into anything they want to look like. How they took over was they shaped themselves into the shape of the human body and they move into the human body. The human body then has a light colour off aqua -the colour of the aliens-under their skin. I had to leave my old hid-out because my boyfriend has gone missing and I am hoping that he is still human.

But for now I am hiding in my mum's house, she died before any of this happened and she is a lucky woman. My little sister and brother have become aliens which leaves me all alone. Like I said before this town never used to be called Doomsville. Its real name is Sunset Shores and the town used to be a happy place for everyone until that day they took over. My mum died three weeks before this happened, I was still in high school and I had taken my younger siblings to the park. I was their legal guardian.

They were fast runners -like me- and I was surprised that they had gotten caught. Spaceships of all different sizes flew over our small town; people began to run in different directions. Whereas others stayed frozen in their places. A metal claw swooped down and grabbed my little sister, Carla, and my little brother, Matthew, they screamed at me and told me to keep running.

I ran away from my siblings with a heavy heart. I didn't know where to go, but thankfully my boyfriend, Leon, found me and led me to an abandoned house. We sat in silence as the spaceships flew over, that night everything began to settle but Leon and I were too afraid to move or leave the house so we could get food. Leon had his arms wrapped around me, and I hugged him back. We both cried because we both had lost people we care about and loved.

Two months have passed and I am all alone, I live in my mum's house. My mum had a couple of guns hidden in the house because we often had robbers coming to this place. I am thankful that the aliens - they are called Aquatics - crave socialisation, which is how the remaining humans here have survived. I have acquired many books about the Aquatics some are fiction others are non-fiction, but they have helped me survive.