Chapter 12. Training For The Bloodbath

12.               Training For The Bloodbath

            I woke up the next morning feeling tired. Today was the day I would have to begin the training for the bloodbath. I got up to find Corey laying there awake looking up at the roof. When he saw me standing he reached out and pulled me back into bed. He hugged me tightly and I didn’t have the chance to hug him back.  

            “I thought Hex was going to kill you yesterday,” Corey murmured.

            “It would have been an easier way out,” I sighed.

            “Never think that way!” Corey shouted.

            “Shh,” I hissed. 

            “Why?” Corey demanded.

            “I don’t want everyone to know that you’re in here,” I replied.

            “I’m glad you think so highly of me,” Corey grumbled.

            “No Corey I love you,” I cried.

            “Maybe that’s just an act because you can’t have your precious Leon,” Corey said. 

            “No!” I yelled.

            Corey got up and left my room. My heart throbbed painfully. The worst part of this is Corey lives here so I would have to see him every day. I got back up from the bed and got change. I rounded everyone up in the massive dining room that my mum had used for special occasions. We pushed the table and chairs to the edge of the room. Everyone began to spar with each other. Hex was the only one left and she was still angry at me.

            I began sparring with her. Every now and then she would ‘accidently’ hit me. At one stage when we were having a rest Hex punched me again. I got up and punched her in the face. The quiet chit-chat that was happening stopped and everyone stopped to watch us fight. My hits were hard and I could hear the smacking noise as each hit made contact with her skin.

            “Don’t mess with a chick that has had her heart broken,” I whispered to her when she grabbed me and kneed me in the stomach.

            I slapped Hex in the face; I then kicked her in the stomach. She fell backwards and landed on the ground with a thud. Hex grabbed her stomach and gasped. I must have winded her. She looked at me with confused eyes and that just irritated me. Why must she be the one to be confused? After all she started it.

            “You should have killed me when you had the chance!” I yelled.