Prolouge

Shyam had been depressingly sad from the moment he left the terrace, where he saw something that snatched the ground beneath his feet, something that made him disgusted about himself, made him he want to scream loud and cry in agony.

He collapsed on the staircase hiding in a silhouette. He clapped his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from bursting out and crying. But nothing seemed to be helpful

He wanted to do anything and everything that takes to get what he wants,

He was willing to even give away his life to stop something from happening, but he couldn't, he is helpless.

It is how it is and all he could do now is to repent for his mistakes only if he could. He came back to his room with his red puffed eyes to see Anjali and Arnav sitting on the bed where Arnav was crying in her lap asking her to never leave her and go away as their parents did. He heard Anjali telling Arnav that time never waits for everyone and no one could ever predict what is in store for them, so do what you want to do today, say what you want to say today because you wait for tomorrow and turns out tomorrow might be the day where you don't have your loved one by your side anymore.

Oh...How right she is?

But now there is nothing he could do or anyone could do.

Here is this woman who loves him to the ends of time and treats him like a god, and he cheated her? Tried to kill her?

Why is destiny so cruel?

Why have I been so cruel?

May be this is what people say as Karma hits back.

She's beautiful, smart, kind, intelligent, rich, more than anything she loves him, be in health or in ill health, in riches and in poverty, in every shade and sun, he knew she would never leave his side.

What else did he even want from life?

Why did he lust over Khushi when Anjali is everything he would ever want, need and is more than what he will ever deserve?

He was wrong, he had his own huge share of mistakes, but not anymore, he regrets each of those. If there is one thing that life had taught him today, it is that cherish what you have today. And Anjali was his past, his present, and his future.

He couldn't bear this pain anymore. Neither could he question the one who is in greater pain and is still smiling just not to hurt anyone more nor could he share his pain and remove the facade of happiness the other one is wearing.

He rushed to Anjali and hugged her tight pouring out all his pain and regret.

"I am sorry, I am really sorry, I would have lost you ....", he cried.

"Shhh...It's fine, I am fine...", she soothed him.

It is because of him that she met with the accident today, her rude, arrogant brother who treated him and his wife like parents would have been definitely shaken seeing Anjali like this.

Why didn't he think for once about this family that loved him to no ends before running behind Khushi?

His own deeds haunted him now.

He didn't miss that lovesick puppy like gestures of Arnav'stowards Khushi either, what would be his state if he gets to know the truth of Khushi's life? He would be broken, that was for sure, but there is nothing that can be done, his lord, whom Anjali prays day and night must have to take care of it.