Arnav 2

She didn't yet tell him why where she is taking him, but he liked it, this uncertainty.All his life, he had planned out every single action of his, more like taking calculated steps each time and this felt very refreshing and nice, for once not knowing where is going or what is he doing.

But at the same time, it scared him a bit, she has been acting weird, he had noticed it, she is not her usual self. She is scared, nervous, he doesn't know what it is, but he just hates it, he wanted to soothe her pain, soothe her anxiety, her tension or whatever it is, now that he had realised his feeling for her and how much a single smile of hers could make him happy, he wanted to see her smiling all the time and he wanted shout out to this whole world that, that pretty smile of hers belongs to him. If only he could.

She wouldn't tell him anything and he couldn't ask either, only today he realised how much power she could have on him,

This little chit of girl sitting beside him and looking out of the window to avoid his eyes, could actually have him on his knees, she could make him do anything she pleases. She could make him feel the most powerful person on this planet with one smile of hers and also can make him cry in misery with one tear drop spilling out of her pretty eyes.

She made him weak and dependant two feeling he hated the most but now with her it all seems right, she is worth giving her the reins of his life and let her ride it.,

His happiness, grief, relief, strength, his every damn feeling, dependant on her,

Love,

Love of his life, she is..

She abruptly sat up, looking at the sign board and he got alert too and slowed the car,

"Yeah..right here, take a left here ..", she said directing his the road, it is a mud road and a one way, it is so narrow that he would have never agreed to come here if not for her, but where is she even taking him, he didn't know that yet, he finally decided to ask her, but before he could she said,

"Arnavji, we have to drive for another for another 3 km to reach there.", she said smiling. She smiled finally after an hour of journey for the first time, but it didn't reach her eyes, there is something off about her, he noticed, but he just couldn't ask her, she would make some other stupid excuse like yesterday, when he asked her about the burnt papers.

He felt this extreme urge to dig about that burnt papers and her crying issue, it felt something fishy and dangerous too, but he knew if he would ask her, she would definitely not budge. Khushi is one stubborn woman, he had ever met, she would never tell him anything if she didn't want to. But he has his own ways, maybe he could spill things out of her mouth with his touch may be, on her pink cheeks, on her hazel orbs, on her arms, may be ...may be on her plump lips, may be,

"Stop..", she said and he had to come out of his dreamland.

He always wanted to feel her under his skin, of how soft her cheeks would feel on his fingers, her silk soft skin ....

But ..but ..but ..it all came crashing down with her one word.. "friendship"

"Friendship, my foot ..", he cursed under his breath applying brakes.

"Doesn't she feel the same for me as I feel for her..?", he thought to himself removing his seat belt.

"One night, just one night of this friendship and she is already making me insecure about my position in her life...what if she friendzone's me ?", he feared.

Didn't realise himself yet but he had already picked up her habit and is now talking to himself.

"Arnavji...come fast..", she shouted climbing the stairs fastly, more like running.