𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

———✰———

Seconds after Miss Peregrine Shut the parlour door it was opened when Jake stumbled in with Barron behind him. Barron grinned at them maliciously, waving before he went to shut the door but turned back to them and shouted 'boo' scaring the children and causing them to jump in surprise which made the man laugh at them before he really did shut the door.

"It's getting dark. You won't even be able to see their shadows. We have to stay inside. It's the only place we stand a chance" Jake pointed out to the peculiars and Miss Avocet as Bea looked up at Enoch nervously who only took her hand and squeezed it, smiling down at her tightly in reassurance.

"He's quite right. Now, where does Miss Peregrine keep her weapon?" Miss Avocet asked.

"In there" Enoch pointed to the door that lead to a greenhouse type room which held the weapon.

"Let's go" Jake ushered as he and Emma went into the room followed by Enoch who squeezed Bea's hand and kissed her forehead lovingly before he went.

As the three exited the room Miss Avocet turned to Bea and the others "now...alright children. Make sure all the doors are locked and the windows are latched. Everything must be sealed up tight. Now, quickly get away."

Some of the children all started to grab anything they could find as weapons as Bea used her powers to shut the doors and lock all the doors and window shutters and Bronwyn used her super strength to push the sofa's against the doors as a barrier. When the phone rang Bea and Emma shared a look across the room before Emma told Jake that he should answer it. When Jake returned Claire stood on the sofa with a poker stick in her hand. The others ran to join her as Emma threw a garden tool to Fiona who gave it to Olive to use it as a weapon and Jake threw the crossbow to Miss Avocet who was standing facing them all.

"Now, children, now that you are all here, there's a few rules. Your primary job is to stay safe. Leave the hollow to me. I don't want any heroics. Now, those of you with garden tools, I must insist that you-" Miss Avocet said but was cut off when a hollow smashed through the window and locked the shutters to snatch and kill the ymbryne causing the children to gasp or scream in shock as Bea's eyes widened almost comically.

Jake ran to the table that Miss Avocet dropped the crossbow under. He lied under the table pointing the crossbow at the Hollow which was eating Miss Avocet's eyes which made him gulp nervously. The hollow smashed through part of the wall so it could enter the house fully causing Jake to run back over to the others who were now leaning further away from the monster and into the sofa and door.

From where Bea was standing she heard Enoch suck in a breath from next to her which made her look up at the boy curiously. Enoch could tell her wondering gaze burning into the side of his face. He didn't answer the silent question and simply let his hand slide from her grip before he charged towards the monster with the pitch fork in hand.

"Nom Enoch get back!" Jake shouted as Bea's eyes widened in horror and her heart tightened.

Enoch looked back at him before his gaze switched to his terrified girlfriend. But before he could anything he was grabbed by the hollow dropping the pitch fork in the process making Jake aim the crossbow in its direction. Fiona let out a scream as Enoch kicked and staggered from where he was in the hollows grip, although to everyone, other than Jake it looked like he was floating. The children all back further away from the monster. The hollow tossed Enoch towards the window but didn't release him making Bea flinch with tears in her eyes. Jake carried on trying to aim straight. The monster repeated the same action he had done but towards the mirror causing it to break.

"Go to the attic" Jake told Emma and the others.

"Come on" the girl as light as air ushered.

Bronwyn kicked the door open and Hugh jumped over the other side of the sofa as he helped the other children get over the sofa while Olive and Emma helped from the other side of the sofa. Normally Bea would of helped but she was still staring as the boy she loved was floating in the air.

Finally, when it was Jake, the hollow, Bea and Enoch in the room with Emma hovering outside the door, Jake shot the hollow which made the monster drip Enoch and Emma left quickly. Bea let out a surprised squeak as she rushed forward to help Enoch up off the floor.

"Go, go, go, get out!" Jake said as he, Bea and Enoch ran to the exit.

Enoch quickly jumped over the sofa with Bea following. As the girl got to the top of the sofa Enoch grabbed her waist and lifted her down murmuring "Come on Bea, goodgirl"

The three ran up the stairs to the attic Jake locking any doors behind him in order to slow the hollow down. As they arrived all attention was turned to them as Jake started to come up with a plan.

"Alright, umm..." Jake murmured before he rushed to the window "crap! It's almost reset" he opened the window and stick his head out looking at the slippery roof. "Fiona" he called and said girl approached him "is there anything you can do with that tree?" He asked.

"Yes" She said before she climbed out the windows Jake murmuring a "be careful" as she slid down.

"Were going through the windows, come on! Quickly!" Jake told the others as the planes started to fly over. He started to open the windows so they could climb out of them. Bea and Enoch started helping the children from inside and Jake and Emma helped form outside, when eventually it was only Enoch, Bea and Claire inside, Enoch pecked Beas forehead before he clambered out so Bea could pass Claire to him. Bea gasped when she heard the clatter of the hollow before she quickly slid into Enoch's awaiting arms.

"Let's go" Fiona assures them as she climbed across the elongated branch with the others following. Eventually they were all across, Jake helped Emma float down. And the hollow died when the loop closed in a fiery mess of rubble.