Chapter 20|The Giant Red Tortoise

Hello I've been busy but I've got nice updates for my dear readers. Plz don't forget to vote if chu liked it and comments~ Shower me with comments uwu! >×<

Fengmian noticed a few golden sparks as he admired the violet coloured sky. He happily admired the place,memorising it all so he could paint it later. He was currently on Qing Shan's broad back while the man moved along the trail of the tortoise. The latter had a large appetite for rororo (A/N:named by my bro), a red berry like spiritual fruits.

"Qing Shan." Fengmian called out as he shamelessly wrapped his arms around the man's neck. It was weirdly comfortable. He had to restrain himself from digging his fingers in the man's gorgeous, silky raven locks. Hearing the soft call of his name, Qing Shan tilted his head slightly.

"Who were those men from a while back?"He asked,"Why did they attacked us?"

Being from the modern world, Fengmian hadn't seen murders in front of him and he was very skeptical and scared after what had happened even though he hid it well.

"They were most probably assassins, the dark forest is known for its beasts and healing herbs. Since mages with healing powers are few, these herbs are very precious, especially to a group like the temple of misery from where those assassins belong.

They can be recognised by the yellow bracelet they wear around their right wrists. Killing others for goods or to decrease competition is common here. Also these herbs can be sold at high prices in the mortal realm or if not for money, then power..."

That must have been the longest Fengmian had heard Qing Shan speak. The man had a very soft, appealing voice, almost lulling him to sleep. He found himself loving the light timbre of Qing Shan's melodious voice.

"Hmm, you're a better wikipedia than Momo."Fengmian said in a sleepy voice which made Qing Shan place him down slowly and pull something from his sleeve. It was a small bottle. Opening it, Qing Shan brought it to the smaller male's lips.

"Drink..."He said to the dizzy Fengmian, "The dark forest has an intoxicating atmosphere, it traps people,causing them to go into a comatose state." He said as his words grew more clear.

"Thank you..."Fengmian replied as his body felt suddenly less exhausted and heavy.

Qing Shan nodded and gave Fengmian his hand to help him up. Even when he was on his feet, the handsome man did not let go of his hand and instead pulled his along.

On the other hand, Li You Han and Li Guiren had caught onto the trail of the tortoise, cornering the beast to a more secluded place. Their journey had been as rough as Qing Shan and Li Fengmian. They had been a moment away from capturing the beast when they had been attacked.

This had greatly annoyed You Han who had slashed every single assassin before he had to be coaxed by Guiren to calm down. The tortoise had escaped meanwhile, ending in them arriving near the Huan river.

As soon as they spotted the giant beast, Guiren worked a sleeping spell to make the beast to let its guard down. You Han quickly rushed in action. Jumping onto the tortoise's shell, it landed a kick, snapping its shell in two.

The tortoise was then entangled and easily caught in a huge golden threaded net. You Han smiled victoriously, looking at Guiren, eager to be praised by his lover who smiled at him and shook his head at his childish actions.

"I never thought you could kick its shell open like that...How brutal..."A taunting voice echoed and two figures appeared from behind a bush.

"That was so awesome gege!" Fengmian praised as he quickly walked to Guiren. He had been in awe on seeing the mammoth tortoise. It was bigger than a blue whale. He had been shocked when his brother ad kicked the impenetrable shield of the tortoise's rocky, red shell. You Han willed himself to ignore Qing Shan's smug face as he looked at the amazed expression on his brother's face and smiled.

"What a pleasant surprise..."A voice made them look up to see a masked man looking at them.

"Uncle Huan..."Fengmian's attention turned to his brother and back at the man. He looked between the two men. Of course this world is filled with handsome man- Ikemen,like his younger niece used to call them...

Who the hell is uncle Huan now?