Only one heartbeat

Things have been said what was not supposed to be said out loud. Yelling, screaming, tears and broken glass on the kitchen floor.

He didn't mean to say those things to you, he never meant to hurt you, but you said things to him that made him irritated and he couldn't hold himself.

This was the worst fight ever. When he grabbed the water glass on the kitchen table and threw it to the wall, you rushed out of the apartment you both shared, screaming that you didn't want to see him never again.

Now he sat in the kitchen, staring front of him with a blank gaze, his knuckles bruised and bloody when he hit his fist to the wall to got his frustration out after you slammed the door behind you.

Been sittin' eyes wide open behind these four walls, hopin' you'll call

It's just a cruel existence like it's no point hopin' at all

You had managed to mess up his head. He never thought he would lose his heart to someone, but now when you were gone, he realized his life was empty. Meaningless. Vain.

Like someone had pulled a carpet under his feet, and now he was falling into the bottomless pit.

Baby, baby, I feel crazy

Up all night, all night and every day

Give me somethin', oh, but you say nothin'

What is happenin' to me?

He stared at his phone at the table. Because the stubborn he was, he wasn't going to call you first. No. It wasn't him. Even he did want to call you. But it wasn't only his fault, you both were yelling, both saying things you didn't mean.

I don't wanna live forever

'Cause I know I'll be livin' in vain

And I don't wanna fit (fit, babe) wherever (wherever)

He grabbed his phone to his hand, opening the contacts and searched your name from there.

I just wanna keep callin' your name

Until you come back home

He should call you. He should tell you he was sorry. That he didn't mean to scare you or hurt you.

I just wanna keep callin' your name

Until you come back home

But he closed the contacts, locked the screen, and got up from the table.

I just wanna keep callin' your name

Until you come back home

Tears kept pouring, you couldn't hold them back or stop them. You had never seen him like that. And you couldn't deny it, you were scared. When he grabbed the glass and it shattered into pieces when it hit the wall, you were scared that the next one would hit you.

You knew it was pointless, he would never do that to you. But you were both on the verge of rage and frustration. You let things get grow too big, and now it got out in the worst way.

You two should have talked things through. He always said that 'communication is the key', but yet, neither of you didn't use the opportunity to use the words.

I'm sittin' eyes wide open and I got one thing stuck in my mind

Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life

You reached to take your bag from the co-drivers seat to search some paper from there to sniff your nose, while you dried your cheeks with your sleeve.