Chapter 1

This is my first story here :) Hope you like it!

Please keep in mind that this story was written in 2010. My writing style and just writing in general may have change. I hope you enjoy this story nonetheless (:

Chapter 1

    "Come on Juliet! We have to go meet our new neighbors someday!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

    "It's Julie, mom. Remember?" I shouted back, "Why can't Caitlin go?"

    "Because she's at her cheerleading practice."

    I sighed, and walked downstairs. Mom was waiting by the door, carrying this big dish of some kind of stuff.

    "Why can't you just go?" I complained.

    She ignored me and I had no choice but to follow her. We walked up their steps, and mom rang the doorbell.

    The door opened, and I looked up to see who I was stuck with being neighbors this time. I froze. No. I blinked a couple of times just to make sure. He was still there.

    Go away, go away, I thought to myself, but of course, that wouldn't happen. I could tell by the expression on his face that he felt the same way.

    Seb. Short for Sebastian. Born on January 27th. Is fun to be with, loves to make fun of me; but in a good way. We share the same favorite color; sky blue. The biggest piece; my ex-boyfriend.

    We just stared at each other. Even my mom, who was the talking kind, knew to stay quiet.

    "Who is it, Sebastian?" Seb's mom called out. She appeared in front of the doorway and saw me. "Oh."

    And then the awkward silence came back. I looked at the ground, anywhere but at Seb. Finally, my mom was the one who broke the silence.

    "Lucy! My, I haven't seen you in so long!"

    Seb's mom broke into a smile, "I know right! Well come on in, don't be a stranger!"

    Seb stepped out of the way as mom followed Lucy in.

    I stared at the ground again, and kept my eyes there.

    "Good to see you too," He said. I haven't heard his voice in so long that I almost jumped when he spoke.

    "What are you doing here?" I blurted out before I could stop myself.

    "My dad got a new job. Isn't it funny how we ended up as neighbors?"

    Ya. So funny I forgot to laugh. I had no idea how I was going to survive this. I looked up to see him with that smile I knew so well. Why did he seem so happy? He was the one who didn't want me anymore. I thought he was happy that I moved, since he broke up with me the day before. But now, there he was, looking like he was actually happy to see me again.

    "So you'll be going to my school, right?" I asked. I hoped he would say no, but that wasn't so likely.

    "Yup."

    And then this is how it would go; he would fall in love with one of the girls in my school, and I would lose him forever. The girls in my school were really pretty. And then, just like in every school in the world, there's the popular crowd. Sometimes I really wonder how on earth I was part of it. I can't say we "rule the school" or anything close to that. We're just a bunch of random people that are well-known.

    If you want me to name all the girls that Seb would fall for, the list would be endless.

    "If only I could read your mind," I suddenly heard Seb say, "There must be a lot going on in there."