Chapter 5

Here it is :)

________________________________________________

"What?" I asked, acting like I didn't know what she was talking about.

"I know that Seb's you ex-boyfriend. Why didn't you tell me?" Liv demanded.

"He told you?" I was shocked.

"Yeah, and now I'm waiting for answers from you, missy."

"Ok, fine, yes, Seb is my ex," I confirmed with a sick feeling in my stomach.

"Actually, I don't care about that. No, erase that, I do care about that. What I really wanna know is why you didn't tell me."

"Well, you seemed to like him, and I didn't want to, you know, ruin it," My voice trailed off.

Liv shook her head and laughed, "Promise me that we'll be truthful about everything, starting now."

"Of course."

"So, remember when I told you I didn't like Ethan anymore?" She lay down on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

"Yeah," I waited for her to continue.

"Well, truth is, he liked you."

I didn't reply until I realized what she meant, "Oh my god, I'm sorry, Liv."

"It's not your fault," She sat up and looked at me. But I could tell she was hurt.

"You'll find other guys."

"I know I will," She suddenly smiled, "What about you?"

"So will I," But my voice didn't sound so sure.

"Oh my gosh, you guys are killing me!" Liv complained, "Why don't you guys just admit that you still love each other and move on!"

"It would work," I started, "If that was actually true."

She looked at me right in the eye and said, "Tell me the truth, Julie, do you still like him?"

"No," I said as I looked away.

"You don't sound so sure," Liv hinted. "Come on, Julie! Really, why are you both so complicated?"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but Seb doesn't feel that way anymore," I said coolly.

"Actually, remember my car ride with him? He thinks you've moved on."

I looked up. "Can we just talk about something else?"

Liv was silent. Then she sighed. "You guys are a pain, you know." But she let the subject drop.

***

The next morning, Seb was waiting for me at my locker.

"So, we never decided on a job."

"Are you any good at baby-sitting?" I said as I put my stuff away in my locker.

"No, remember?" I did remember. Two years ago, he tried and it ended up in a disaster.

"Well, too bad."

"Hey, don't be so cold, honey," He smiled.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Seb started walking with me towards first period.

"Just like how it used to be," He whispered.

"So... you told Liv."

"I thought best friends tell each other everything."

I was just about to respond when the bell rang. Dang it.

When class ended, Seb was the first one to walk out, so I didn't get the chance to reply back to what he had said.