Chapter 12

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Liv was starting to get all hyper.

"Calm down!" I told her. She kept trying to make her dress look perfect, even though it already looked perfect.

"I can't!" She put her high heels on and off, and on again.

"Ethan and Andy will be here any minute," I said, "Try not to die before then."

With that, Liv stopped and rolled her eyes.

"You and your sense of humor."

"That's why you love me," I smiled as I gave her a hug, purposely messing up her once smooth, wrinkle-free dress.

"Ah!" She let out a small scream and quickly tried to even it again, "Why don't you get into your dress? Like you said, they're going to be here any minute."

"Less time in that dress equals a happy me," I grinned as I laid down on my bed. Liv walked to the window and looked outside.

"Oh my god! Limo, outside."

I ran to the window and looked out to see a black limo parked in my driveway. Ethan and Andy got out, wearing tuxedoes.

"Ethan looks so hot," Liv gushed.

"Oh god, please don't let me hear that again," I answered sarcastically and smiled. I quickly got out my dress and pulled it over my tank top and shorts.

"Your hair," She pointed out. I grabbed the hairbrush that was on my night stand and quickly ran it three times my hair.

"Let's go," I said. We walked down the stairs to see my parents taking pictures of Andy and Ethan.

"Mom, dad, please. This isn't prom," I groaned.

"We'll take even more pictures at prom," Mom smiled as she snapped a picture of me and Liv.

I found my flats and put them on. Liv had tried to convince me to wear high heels, but that was never going to happen.

"Get in all together," My dad instructed us. As we did that, my mom took another dozen pictures.

"Ok, let's go now," I said, desperately trying to hide my face from the camera.

We walked outside, and it would have been dead quiet if Liv hadn't started gushing about the limo.

"I can't believe you guys rented a limo," She repeated for the millionth time. I don't think she's ever been in one. Well, I guess her annoyingness could be excuse, I thought as I smiled.

We got in, with Ethan and Liv on the left side, and Andy and me in the back.

"You look great," He told me.

"Thanks," I replied, "So do you."

I zoned out for the rest of the ride, staring out the window. I suddenly realized that I couldn't leave early, even if I wanted to, since I wouldn't have a ride.

Once we got to the school, we got out and along with many people all dressed up in formal wear, made our way to the gym. The DJ was playing a song by Usher, and almost everyone was out on the dance floor.

"Refreshments table," I said and Liv nodded. It was sort of our tradition to check out the food before everything else.

"Ooh, cupcake," I smirked as I grabbed one.

"Do you know how many calories are in that thing?" She asked as I took a bite.

"Who cares?"

"Hey babe," Ethan appeared and wrapped his arm around Liv's waist. He looked at me, "Ok if I borrow her for a few minutes?"