Hating Arlo (5)

Ridin' Solo - Jason Derulo

I literally love writing this story. I think it's going to be one of my favs :)

Question: do you like me switching POV's? I don't usually do this with my other stories since I don't think I'm very good at writing in a male's point of view. I would appreciate your honest opinion.

That very evening, after spending some time with Talia, I head back to my dorm

That very evening, after spending some time with Talia, I head back to my dorm. Trinity isn't there, thankfully, so I can do whatever I want without her eyes judging me.

These past two days have felt like a nightmare. Sure, I made another new friend but I couldn't get the brown-eyed handsome devil out of my head. It felt like the attraction that I felt between us was growing. Even if I haven't had any contact with him.

Five minutes before tea time, a sharp knock sounds through my silent room.

Wondering who on earth is knocking on my door and expecting it to be one of Trinity's friends, I swing the door open. However, the person standing on the other side of the door isn't a friend of Trinity's, nor is it Kacey. It's actually Talia.

A grin is plastered on her angelic face, her eyes warm and calming. God, she is so beautiful.

"Hey," I greet, cautiously. She's wearing a casual outfit--jeans and a t-shirt. She manages to make the outfit look amazing though. I feel so plain compared to her, in my black leggings and an oversized t-shirt that says 'keep calm and ignore the haters'.

"Hello," She chirps. "Are you ready?"

My eyebrows furrow together. "Ready for what?"

Talia rolls her eyes as if its the most obvious thing in the world. "For tea, of course."

"Tea?" I echo, sounding bewildered. Which I am, I don't remember her asking me what my plans were for tea.

"Yeah," She replies. "I'm inviting--well ordering I guess--you to dinner. You're eating on my table."

Oh no.

*******

It's awkward.

That's all I can really say about the situation I'm currently in.

Talia is sat next to me, devouring her food whilst Arden has a quiet conversation with a man I have come to know as Cabe. Sat opposite me is the gorgeous man--Arlo.

Ever since I arrived at this table, he's been avoiding any sort of communication with me. When Talia introduced me to everyone, they were all polite and welcoming. They circulated the table, introducing themselves. When it came to Arlo, he begrudgingly grumbled his name, never once making eye contact with me. I can tell Arlo doesn't want me here. He's more than displeased about it.

The atmosphere would be nice if Arlo didn't ignore me.

The problem is though that everyone else doesn't notice the tension. In fact, Talia didn't even notice Arlo's behaviour towards me. Either she's used to his behaviour or she's simply oblivious to things like this.