Prologue

Bismillah

Canada,

Sitting across her husband Aaliyah stared outside the window. They were leaving today, business trip as her husband, Ali called it. Though it wasn't a normal trip, they were staying there for a year. And as his wife she should be happy, she couldn't help but tighten her lips and rub her temples. This trip meant him and her being alone, far away from her family. Interrupting her thoughts he spoke to her "Aaliyah, have you packed my clothes" Ali said reading the newspaper, she got more irritated she wanted to snatch that newspaper from him and tell him to get his lazy ass up and do it himself, but she knew other wise.

She sighed standing up, " I have, I'm gonna go take a shower" she knew he wasn't listening anyways.

She went up the stairs slowly taking one step at a time. Taking off her gown she looked herself in the mirror, she looked exhausted, depressed and angry. She was married to him for five years already, and she noticed how her frown deepened by each year. He had mentioned they would celebrate their fifth year anniversary there, just thinking about it made her cringe. However she should be thankful, he showered her with money although she wasn't a gold digger, but she must be thankful.

She wore her bathrobe and took a warm shower, when she came out he was standing in the mirror combing his hair. Slick and shiny, just the opposite of what she liked. She had told him several times to not put gel, just keep it natural. She frowned at him and he laughed, noticing her frown from the mirror. "I know, but I am a business man, I must look slick" when he was done he grabbed the body lotion and put it on his face, beard and arm. She smiled slightly and sat down on her bed shaking her head, he had shaved again, he surely would look better with a beard. He turned around and stepped closer and gave her the body lotion she took it and put it on her body. He left the room and she walked up to her wardrobe, she took out a black dress, cardigan and a black scarf. After she dressed and put on light makeup she took her bag, her husbands bag already downstairs, probably took it while she showered. The least he could do was take hers too, she shook her head carrying her bag.

Sitting next to the window once inside the taxi, she watched the sunrise while Ali was on the phone instructing some people were to get us, once we arrived that was. At the airport they checked in their bags and got in the plane finding their seats. "Where are we going to live" she asked as they got comfortable sitting by the window watching the sun, "Isola d'Elba"he said adding an Italian accent, "Isola de what?" She replied confused. " It's an island- he said smirking "third largest island in Italy, and we are gonna live in a mansion facing the sea" she turned so quickly her eyes round, only thing she could think of was the soothing sound of the waves and the sunrise and sunset. "Really, why didn't you tell me before?"

He looked at her, "Well you never asked" she looked him dead in the eye giving him the 'are you serious' look. An island, sea, beach, birds, sun and more sun. She felt herself getting excited as she was now looking down the plane still not moving, Isola d'Elba she thought to her self, such beautiful name.

The plane was about to move and her stomach turned, she hated planes. She closed her eyes and made dua, reading Fatiha and ayat al kursi as she felt the plane move faster. She squeezed her husbands arm, and when the plane left the ground she breathed out heavily opening her eyes. Her husband however didn't move an inch, staring at her she just smiled and turned to the window her heart still racing.

When they arrived a day after, there was a black hummer waiting for them by the airport, two men took their bags and two other opened their doors. She didn't like this treatment but she just tagged along. She sat at the back with her husband who was chatting loudly with the driver. She was exhausted but god was the country beautiful. As they drove she saw how antique the place looked, once they were close to the beach the sky seemed to look brighter by each mile. She just hoped the place wasn't crowded, but she figured this wasn't a tourism beach more like a place where rich people bought land for their own purpose. She heard the men mention that there were only about ten mansions here and up the cliff lived a small amount of villagers who refused to leave, since the land belonged to their grand -grand parents.

It was early in the morning around six and the only sounds she heard once they parked the car was the birds. It was quite foggy but other than that it was breathtaking. The sea was clear and blue, and now that the sun was a bit up she realized how mesmerizing the place was. She heard the waves splash into the rocks, huge rocks that lined the beach. It added to that rough nature, and she felt her nerves relax. Looking up at her new house her breath hitched, it was huge and right next to it was another one just as big. She didn't have a chance to admire her surroundings as her husband called her, "Aaliyah I'm going to be out for a while, get inside and rest. There are maids who can show you around"

She looked at him dumbfounded, and nodded. Her bags were already taken by an unknown man, probably a watchman. She was still speechless as she didn't even thank him, she picked up her dress, taking the steps one after another. "SubhanAllah" she whispered once she entered the house, this house was huge. More like this mansion was enormous.

She noticed a woman that looked to be in her mid thirties standing by the stairs smiling, "Welcome signora, my name is Elena and I'll help you around with anything you and your husband need"

Aaliyah got closer smiling back at her, her accent was beautiful "Thank you Elena, and nice to meet you. I'm Aaliyah- she chuckled realizing she needed the bathroom "Could you show me where the bathroom is" Elena grinned, Yes of course follow me"