Chapter 1

'The 8:30 train will leave 20 minutes later than usual

'The 8:30 train will leave 20 minutes later than usual. Sorry for the delay.'

Sighing, I re-read the sign to make sure I've understood correctly - contemplating whether or not to get a book. Trains in Finchley are never late, which means that twenty minutes could turn in hours. A sudden groan catches my attention, my gaze flittering over my shoulder to see Susan Pevensie glaring at the sign. If looks could kill, the sign would most likely be up in flames.

"Come on. I'm not waiting around here."

I roll my eyes, but a sudden tug at my Saint Finnbar's blazer cause me to loose balance - giving me no choice but to follow the Pevensie girl back through the station and toward the exit. As I regain my footing and grip tightly into my school case, I realise that Susan looks very much like Susan the Gentle - her face set on her path and her chest squared, a sign to not get in her way. The only difference is that she's stuck inside a seventeen year old body, with her brown hair tied up for school and pale complexion blending into our dull surrounding landscape. Although, I've often been told by both Pevensie girls that I too act like my older self - despite feeling rather inadequate in my younger body, having no tiara in my head that brought me enough confidence to talk to strangers in large group data a time. Now, I can barely look my teacher in eye or my neighbours across the picket fence. I sigh softly, wistfully hoping that Aslan has some magic that can whisk us all away again, before my eyes catch sight a boy practically drooling over Susan. I smirk slightly as the two of us cross the road, making our way to the empty newspaper stand.

"So Susan, anyone catching your fancy this school semester?"

The older girl scoffs at my question, her eyes rolling whilst she shakes her head - a definite no in more or less words. She leans against the newspaper stand before staring at me.

"No, why would you even ask that?"

I shrug innocently, biting my lip in hopes I'm not making it too obvious as I watch the boy walking hesitantly across the road toward us.

"Oh, no reason. I mean it's not like that guy over there keeps staring at you."

Susan spins around on her heel with wide eyes, her mouth dropping ever so slightly as she makes eye contact with the boy. Snorting softly, I quietly move eavesdropping distance away from the stand - placing my case down onto the sidewalk and sitting upon it in order to make it look like I'm simply waiting for the bus. I watch as she quickly grabs a newspaper, scanning through it as though she were reading - no doubt trying to make it look like she didn't see him. The boy places his own case down as he too stands at the newspaper stand, his glasses slowly slipping down his face. As he pushes them further up his nose, I see Susan bracing herself for the interaction - boys not really her thing, even in Narnia. She's always happy to help Lucy or I with boy issues, but stays away herself.

"You go to Saint Finnbar's?"

The unknown boy's voice catches my attention, my gaze slowly focusing on the two as I smile in amusement. Susan's back is facing toward me, so I can't see her face, but I can definitely imagine the look she's giving the poor boy as she answers.