Chapter 14

Shooting an arrow at the nearest soldier, I shuffle out of the way as he falls down at my feet - kicking him slightly as I try to prevent another from attacking Andrew as his back is turned. However, before I have time to load another arrow into the bow, I am pushed to the ground with a sword dangling above my head. Yelping, I roll onto my side and kick the soldier in the shin before throwing an arrow into his chest - watching as the Telmerine falls backward, landing with a thud. Huffing, I pull myself up from the ground only to automatically be threatened with another sword - my eyes rolling and my fingers releasing the bowstring before the soldier bats an eyelash. I do this a few more times, barely keeping count as Telmerine soldiers drop dead around me. As I throw an arrow into an enemy's neck, I notice Susan rushing toward me with her hair a mess and bruises forming on her face. Although, I'm sure I'm not much better with blood trickling down my cheek due to multiple wounds. As she gets closer, Susan lets out a sigh whilst shoot a Telmerine charging toward the two of us.

"There's so many."

I nod in agreement, firing a few arrows into the air and watching as they land on the enemy - my aim practically perfect.
"How many soldiers do they have?"

I question, noticing the soldier's just keep on appearing with more crowding around us - blocking us all in with no way out of the battle. Susan simply shrugs before gesturing for me to duck - myself following her actions as she pierces a Telmerine with the end of her bow. My eyes widen as I stare, impressed.

"I never thought to do that."

I mumble, trying the manoeuvre out on a soldier to my right - the trick working perfectly, causing me to hum impressed. However, I quickly regain my momentum and shoot a few more arrows around the battlefield, making sure to avoid hitting Narnian's instead. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I notice Caspian falling into the sinkhole - clinging onto the grass desperately. Quickly shooting an oncoming soldier, I turn toward Susan with a sigh.

"I think Caspian needs some help."

The Pevensie girl's eyes widen with worry before gazing at the sunken ground - making a move toward it with her bow loaded. However, she can barely take more than a few steps before the ground rumbles loudly - the Telmerine's turning on their heels and running as though their lives depend on it toward the forest. Furrowing my eyebrows, I gaze over my shoulder only to gasp in surprise - my mouth dropping open as I stare gobsmacked at the sight making its way toward us. Rumbling along the ground are dozens of trees brought to life - using their roots to move along the earth and to battle against the Telmerine's. Smiling slightly, I wander over to Susan just as the boys gather together - Caspian out of the sinkhole, staring around wide eyed. As I come to a stop beside my brother, I see a smile plastering itself across Peter's face.

"Lucy."

I nod in agreement, watching the trees fondly as they fight for their land - just as they did all those years ago.

"It seems she's found help."

I hear a few chuckle at my words, my cheeks warming up slightly as Edmund winks in my direction - my gaze snapping away from him and toward the trees in battle. As I do, I watch as a catapult hits a tree in the middle of its trunk - its's screams echoing throughout the battle as it falls to the ground with a loud thump. The once lush green leaves are now a dead brown, almost grey - looking transparent against the ground. Suddenly, as though an act of revenge, another tree pushes it's roots through the ground - breaking the soil and charging for the fleeting Telmerine's. I cheer in happiness as the root emerges from the ground and destroys the catapult before destroying the other technological advanced weapons - leaving the Telmerine's with nothing but their swords and crossbows. Suddenly, Peter's voice travels through the air catching my attention.