scp 354 (the red lake)

Item #: SCP-354

Object class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures:
Given the nature of SCP-354, the Area-354 was built around it. Area-354 Class D forces and personnel must be prepared to deal with emerging SCP-354 threats, as well as researchers studying SCP-354 and its properties. For your own safety, the staff within the site must never interact with SCP-354. Direct interaction with SCP-354 must be carried out with the sole purpose of eliminating SCP-354 and must be authorized by O5 personnel.

The Area-354 was built to eliminate any emerging threat from SCP-354. In the heart of Area 354, a twenty (20) foot reinforced concrete wall built around SCP-354 to prevent emergent entities from escaping from the area. High-speed cameras are placed on top of the wall, aimed at the pool, and armed guards can easily shoot through the fence from the walkways placed above it.

Description: 
SCP-354 is a puddle of red liquid, discovered in northern Canada. The liquid has a consistency similar to that of human blood (for this reason the colloquial name is "pool of blood") but it is not of a biological nature. The puddle has no defined banks; the soil mixes with the liquid, at a certain point, there is more earth than liquid and the soil is more than solid. The liquid becomes denser as it descends deeper; if the puddle has a bottom, it has not yet been reached.

Periodically, entities emerge from the pool trying to escape from the fences. So far, almost all the creatures that emerged from SCP-354 have turned out to be extremely hostile and highly dangerous.

It is rumored that SCP-354 was discovered in 19██ by survivors of a plane crash, who accidentally encountered it. SCP-354 was an urban legend before the Foundation staff arrived to deal with the threat. 
After locating the source of the legend, the SCP staff ordered the Epsilon-38 Observation Station to monitor the pool and to discourage travelers from searching for it. SCP-354 belonged to the Euclid class before discovering its properties.

At 14:03 of ██ / ██ / ██, an indefinite entity emerged from SCP-354. Contacts with the Epsilon-38 Observation Station have been lost. The Mobile Operative Units ████ (MTO) have been sent to face the entity, obtaining a success. All Epsilon-38 Observation Station personnel were found dead. The Area 354 was subsequently built for the containment of SCP-354.