i. WHO KNEW

sunshine. chapter one.
SUMMARY ; marleigh fell unconscious in 1945 and wakes up in 2016.

watching you's the only drug i need
so gangsta, i'm so thug, you're the only one
i'm dreaming of

❝ watching you's the only drug i needso gangsta, i'm so thug, you're the only one i'm dreaming of ❝

——

MARLEIGH HADN'T had a clue where she was, though she could definitely say it was somewhere she's never been. she woke up laying flat on her back, and when she opened her eyes she was met with the sight of a beige ceiling above her. siting up from the uncomfortable bed, marleigh stood up to her feet, clutching at her head when she grew dizzy.

blue eyes scanning the room, she saw she was inside an unfamiliar bedroom, it definitely wasn't her own. there were two large windows close to the neatly made bed, and the scenery behind them looked odd. it was just the sight of the side of an apartment building, but it looked... fake.

walking towards it, marleigh placed the palm of her hand on the glass of the window, and after finding out that was real, she looked for the lock to open the window to see if she could see anything from outside to try and figure out where she was. her hands fumbled all over the window, her eyes scanning everywhere, and no, there was no lock or even a handle to pull the window open with. that raised her suspicions.

turning back to the bed behind her, she furrowed her eyebrows, realizing she couldn't have been laying there long, considering the bed looked as if it had barely been touched. glancing around at all the decorations in the room, there was a baseball poster hung on the wall right above the bed that said lets play ball! in white, bold letters.

squinting her eyes, marleigh got closer to the poster to read the letters that were in smaller print on the right bottom corner. brandon forry, 1941. backing up in small steps, marleigh's face grew white. she sat at the edge of the bed once the back of her knees hit it, panic starting to settle in.

okay just calm down. you're fine. howard is probably looking for you right now and you know he won't stop until he finds you. don't stress.

"goooood afternoon ladies and gentlemen," the sudden loud voice erupting the silence in the room made marleigh practically jump out of her skin. after settling down as she realized there was a small radio sat on the beside table, she calmed herself and sat back down on the bed, her brain trying to come up with a way to get out of there.

"brandon forry and the rest of the team members of the national winning baseball team here in brooklyn.. are ready to take on the california eagles in tonight's game.." the announcer's voice trailed off, but marleigh was already banging at the door to get out of there before he could finish, though no one ever came to let her out.