iii. MAKE A CHOICE.

sunshine. chapter three.
SUMMARY ; marleigh doesn't understand and she has to make a difficult decision, tony helps her.

if your strength is falling down
i'll be right beside you now
and i'll keep you warm

❝ if your strength is falling downi'll be right beside you nowand i'll keep you warm ❝

——

WHEN MARLEIGH WOKE the first thing she realizes is the room still being as dark as it was when she first fell asleep. glancing around the room for a clock, she finds the only light in the room besides from the tv are the numbers 3:37 glowing in red on a small box it looked like, siting on steve's nightstand. after siting confused for a moment, marleigh guessed that was another new thing in this day and age. pushing that thought aside, marleigh sunk back down onto her makeshift bed that was surprisingly comfortable, and it would have been great to sleep on if she could fall asleep.

after tossing and turning for what felt like hours, marleigh huffed in frustration, giving up. she threw the blanket off of her and pushed herself up to her feet, being as quiet as she could she twisted the door handle before pushing it open, squinting her eyes when the harsh lighting of the hallway hit her. she quickly (but quietly) shut the door behind her so the light wouldn't wake steve up. she quietly made her way to the elevator, deciding she would go to the kitchen for a glass of water.

plus it was the only other room she knew of besides steve's, so she didn't have many other options.

marleigh tried her best to be silent, not wanting to wake anyone. she wasn't sure if everyone that was at dinner lived in the tower, or if they all had their own homes with their own families, but just in case they did marleigh made sure to stay quiet. when the elevator dinged loudly, erupting the silence, marleigh told it to shhh before she could even realize she was talking to an elevator.

"my apologies, ms. rogers. i'll dim all noises to volume five." marleigh jumped when a robotic male voice came from what sounded like the ceiling of the elevator. glancing around the whole area, marleigh grew extremely confused after finding she was definitely alone. "uh, who are you? and how do you know my name?" marleigh asked, feeling stupid as she felt like she was talking to herself out loud.

"i am jarvis. mr. stark designed me to be his artificial intelligence. i know everything about everyone." the voice spoke again. marleigh furrowed her eyebrows, growing uncomfortable at the ai's last few words. she remembered tony mentioning jarvis at dinner, and her asking about him, but she hadn't heard him until now.

"uh, okay. nice to meet you," marleigh shrugged her shoulders, deciding to be polite anyways. "it's lovely to meet you too, ms. rogers," jarvis responded no more than a second later. marleigh stepped out of the elevator, looking both ways for anyone, but was met with an empty dinning room and a vacant kitchen, marleigh headed into the kitchen.