ii. HEART EYES.

sunshine. chapter two.
SUMMARY ; tony flirts too much and despite marleigh not having an issue with it, steve does.

this is how it starts, lightning strikes the heart
goes off like a gun, brighter than the sun

❝ this is how it starts, lightning strikes the heartgoes off like a gun, brighter than the sun  ❝

——

when the elevator reaches the 107th floor, marleigh can feel her heart beating against her chest. what if this man doesn't believe her and tells her to get out? what if it's a different steve rogers he was talking about? marleigh was coming up with a hundred different worse case scenarios the whole elevator ride. her thoughts got cut short when the elevator dinged, and the door slid open to reveal a beautiful penthouse it looked like. the windows stretched from floor to ceiling, the furniture was clearly expensive and something marleigh never had.

as she stepped inside, she wondered is she supposed to sit and wait for him, or wander around to look for him. not wanting to mess with any of the expensive looking things, she went for the latter option. she couldn't help but stick her fingers in a small water fountain she passed, letting the cold liquid run along her wrist before wiping it away, and carrying on down the hallway.

rounding the corner, marleigh bumped into someone else's chest. she felt them reach out and quickly grab onto her wrist before she could fall backwards, and several apologies began to spill out of her mouth until she looked up and locked eyes with the man from the billboard.

"you must be marleigh.. it's very nice to meet you, i'm tony, but you probably already knew that," the man shrugged his shoulders, self confidence practically dripping off of him. the blonde furrowed her brows. "i didn't, actually.." marleigh's voice trailed off, tony smiled.

"well, first time for everything," he tells her, his brown eyes scanning her up and down. not even noticing it, marleigh wonders what she should do, how does she even begin? nothing like this would ever come up in conversation, meaning she's gonna have to just blurt it out-

"so what's your last name? i mean, all you told- whatever her name is working down there, was your first name," tony asks, head titling to the side as his arms crossed over his chest, bringing marleigh's attention to something glowing behind his black t-shirt. she couldn't believe she didn't notice it sooner, it was shining a light shade of blue, and marleigh had no clue as to what it could be.

tony chuckled. "how about this.. you tell me your last name and i'll answer any questions you got about this," tony lightly tapped on the glowing light behind his t-shirt, making a clank sound, telling marleigh it was real, and not some weird accessory. the blonde nodded her head.

"rogers. marleigh rogers is my full name- well actually not my full full name, i obviously have a middle name and it's marie, so.. marleigh marie rogers is my full name," the girl tells him, tony grins at her babbling, amusement clear on his facial expression. marleigh clasps her hands together behind her back, flickering her eyes somewhere else rather than him.