realization

an actual update sksks 🙈🙈 also sorry if this isnt thatt long lmao i suck at writing but i mean? its 1000+ words soooooo.
plus, its my story 💀
-

no one had really expected the words that came out of mitsuki's mouth. the only expression in the whole room was shock and it wasn't hard to tell why. out of everyone, bakugou katsuki had go be the one going deaf. the realization that mitsuki wasn't joking hit everyone that didn't believe her like a truck.

-aizawa-

If anyone had told him that one of his students, especially bakugou katsuki, was going to go deaf, he would have never believed them. there were absolutely zero heroes with disabilities and jt was crazy to believe someone with one could even make it into UA.

after all, to make it into UA, you had to have a high chance of success and heroes with disabilities only had high chances of ending up in hospitals.

of course, there weren't any rules about people with disabilities becoming heroes but that was because the laws would cause public outrage. still, even with no laws, there had been little people with disabilities that had ever tried to become heroes. so when he found out bakugou katsuki was going deaf, his mind went blank.

what the hell? what were they supposed to tell the kid? that he still had a high chance of becoming the number one hero and he was going to become the best?

if he was being honest, before that day he actually thought bakugou was going to be one of the best heroes but now, he didn't know what to think.

however, he thought, bakugou katsuki has surprised us many times before.

- all might/toshinori-

all might hadn't always thought midoriya had potential. when he saw him for the first time, he saw a kid, struggling for help. he didn't know the amount of potential he had inside, how he could be his successor.
bakugou reminded him of that now. looking at the poor boys face, he couldn't help but think about how strong he was.

everyone had already known since he came into UA that he would be one of the top heroes yet here he stood now, everyone in that room staring at him with shocked expressions and looks of wonder. it was as if every single memory with that kid had been wiped from their minds.

to him, his view of bakugou didn't change. yes, the chances of bakugou sustaining major injuries if he even made it out of UA was high. yes, there had never been a single hero with a disability. but bakugou katsuki wasn't like any other person. he worked himself to the bone, trying harder and harder each time he failed, and there were very few times.

he knew, that even with his disability, that bakugou katsuki would make it. the disability would possibly, no, the disability would make bakugou work harder than ever before and he didn't doubt that at all.

-hizashi-

now, hizashi hated to be a downer but he knew the chances of bakugou even making it out of UA were slim to none. yes, the kid worked hard and had potential but they were talking about deafness. he of all people should know how sound affects your life and he knew bakugous hero life without it would be a disaster. the amount of possibilities in which he could get hurt were uncountable.

the kid could barely go 10 minutes without screaming, how was he supposed to go the rest of his life not being able to hear anything or anyone?

he knew that they would have to make a decision about bakugou. letting him stay at UA or expelling him. well, not expelling but honorably discharging him? the point was, from the looks of some of the people in that rooms face, they would help bakugou become a hero.

for a second, he actually considered voting for bakugou to stay. but when he looked at the kids face, he knew he had to vote for them to expel (honorably discharge) him.

he wasn't going to be at blame for a kid getting themselves hurt before they could even become a hero.

-nezu-

as the principal of the school, everyone looked to him for guidance. so when he looked around the rooms and saw the looks of pity, shock, wonder, determination, and sadness, he felt rather conflicted. as he looked to everyone, he knew that the final decision as to whether young bakugou would stay in UA would fall to him.

nezu had to consider all variables when thinking about this. usually, making decisions like this would be easy but bakugou katsuki was different. while he had potential to become a great hero, he had potential to get hurt as well.

sure, they could transfer him to a different course other than a hero one but he knew bakugou would be so stubborn he wouldn't accept.

young bakugou would rather die than give up his childhood dream.

however the possibilities of him getting hurt were big. if villains were to learn that one of their enemies had a weakness, they would surely use it against him without question.

but then he remembered one huge variable to the equation.

they were talking about bakugou katsuki.

if they denied him of teaching, he would try again . if he got hurt, he would try again. to him, his deafness wouldn't be a weakness.

to him, it would just be another reason to be better.

-3rd person-

everyone in that rooms heart was racing. the next minutes would impact the life of bakugou forever.

"we are terrible sorry to hear that ms bakugou. if i can say, this is a big shock to me, to all of us. as you surely know, there has never been a disabled hero that we know of. we will need to come to a conclusion about your childs future so if you will wait outside for a few minutes please?"

mitsuki nodded and stood. she grabbed bakugous arm and as they were walking towards the door, all eyes were on katsuki. no one could deny that they couldn't see the sliver of fear on the kids face.

as soon as they walked out of the door, 3 words rang through the room.

"what the fuck"