ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴅʀᴇᴀᴅғᴜʟ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢs

I hate mornings like these. Those mornings that make your stomach twists into a thousand knots. Anxious about who to talk to or how different everyone is on the first day of a new school. But only this time, this high school is supposed to be permanent. 

      After I do the whole morning routine and throw on a bright blue flannel with some skinny jeans to match, I watch the other sibling scramble around in the hallway as he rushed to get ready. Thank god I have my own bathroom. I guess this is one of the things on my list that I should "be grateful" for. The lanky slender male looked a lot worse than he did before he woke up. He must have had a good time at that big summer party he was going on and on about. 

I pack my new things, including a small flask into my bag, for emergencies of course. As soon as I zip up my brand new book bag, I could feel cold and tired eyes on me. 

"Come on, you're already making us late. We got to go." He monotoned, but with more of a lazy manner as he leaned on the doorframe to my room. This was of course coming from my roommate from hell, my brother Nathaniel. 

Me? My slow ass? Is this guy serious? He is literally like Eeyore at his rate

A scoff leaves my lips as I'm already trying to keep my snide comments to myself and grab my bag, then followed him out the door. 

I felt a bit more anxious as I got a closer look at Nathan's facial features. This boy was clearly unfit for the road. Just as he got to the car door, I quickly made my way to the driver's seat. 

"Wow, you're really asking for a ticket there, street rat." I fucking dreaded that name. Especially coming from his stupid mouth.

"You clearly want it more, you look like complete shit." I snapped and grabbed the keys right of out his hand.

"Like you're one to talk.."

Let it go J. There's always next time. And the time after that. 

I quickly sit down and put the keys into the ignition as my foot remained on the brake pedal while he plopped into the passenger's seat. I know I don't have my license yet, but I'd rather get a small fine or ticket than getting sent back to foster care because of his stupid ass. 

Adding a GPS to my list because I got to school somewhat on time

Adding a GPS to my list because I got to school somewhat on time. And there it was, Lakedale High School. I was a little impressed. It wasn't as posh as a boarding school, but it wasn't as beat up as a small town high school neither. Hopefully, this was a sign. 

I quickly punched the sleeping passenger after I finished 'school gazing'. He flinched and quickly opened his eyes.

"Get the fuck out. Come on, you're already making us late. We got to go." I mocked with a deeper voice that he would never have, even if he tried. 

"Fuck you're annoying." He moped as he slowly got out of the car. 

I rolled my eyes as I threw his keys at him then tried to find the entrance myself. I wouldn't want to waste my time already ruining my rep for walking in with that fool. 

Walking into the building, I take out a crumbled piece of paper and try to read the already confusing looking schedule. Seriously, I have PE first period?

                                okay, maybe I was wrong. This was bad. 

I make my way over to my first sign that says Gymnasium. This couldn't be real. Did these people really want me to leave on my first day? I kept patterning by looking at the direction I was going in while trying to read my schedule for the next period. The second I look down back at my paper. 

   "Oof―" I bump into a student a little shorter than me. 

"Watch where you're goi―Woah...," He whines then cuts himself off as soon as my eyes meet his. 

"Excuse me?" I lift a brow. Who the hell does this kid think he is?

He quickly tries to recover himself with a whole bunch of nervous laughter

He quickly tries to recover himself with a whole bunch of nervous laughter. This guy seems to talk a lot. I mean, move over Guinness, someone is coming for your brand.  "I mean, uh sorry. I thought you were someone else. They look exactly like you, except that they aren't as pretty as you are. I mean, wow did I say you were pretty, I barely know you, hehe.."

I honestly did not get anything after hearing his rambling word vomit. At least there was an apology. I cut him off and just hand him my schedule. 

"Hey look, I just need to get here before the bell rings. Can you help me with that?"

Oh boy.

He clears his throat as he scans the paper then hands it back to me. "It would be my honor." We both cringed after hearing those words escape his lips. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. I wish I had a reset button. 

He leads me to my first homeroom class. It was a pretty long stroll, so instead of making this kid feel bad about himself, I just try to start up a calmer conversation. 

"Jade.."

"Huh?" He looked confused.

"My name is Jade. I didn't mean to scare you like that. That's just how I am sometimes."

"Oh, that's alright. I'm Zach. As in Zachary Montgomery. You must have heard about my sister.."

" Who? No, I literally just got here. I'm new. Is your sister like big and scary or something? Because I really don't care."

He nodded his head slightly and sighed. "Yeah but from what I just saw, I'm sure you could take her." 

After that, we finally arrived at the gym. 

"Well, here's your stop. If you need any help just meet me where we first met. I'll be here to provide you with your school route needs. Or if I'm not around―."

Ugh, this again?

"Thank you, Zach. I'll see you around." I smiled small then headed into the locker room. 

I think I just saw him blush.