ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ﹕ ɪɴᴛᴏɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

LUNCHTIME

   I quickly take my full tray from the cafeteria then head out into the yard. So far, this first day has been a wild ride. The guys are gonna be so psyched when I tell them that a girl actually noticed me and had a conversation with me. I even got her name. Looks like the misfit club isn't going to be losers anymore. Not this year. 

   At this school, last year was probably the worst year for me and my best friends. It was only our Freshmen year, but it seems like everyone always liked to pick on the little guys. It really did not matter who you were, even as the little brother of the most popular girl in school, it's like you're invisible. At least we weren't for each other. That's when the misfit club came about. My best friends Travis Johnson and Wyatt Rivas, our siblings have at least some sort of clout to be on top. We just have to come up with a plan to be better than them. 

   As soon as I go to sit down,  I spot a distraught Travis with nothing but his bag over his shoulder.  

He looked like shit

He looked like shit. 

"What happened?" I knitted my brows. 

"Don't want to talk about it. I'm not hungry anyway." He scoffed as he slammed his stuff down on an empty seat. 

It's crazy how people can bully you for absolutely anything. Even if you're playing on the school's team.

"Me neither.." I sighed and pushed my tray towards him with a shrug. I hate how stubborn he could be sometimes. 

"Yo, I could already tell that this year is going to be our year to shine.."

"We said that about last year."

This was true. After Wyatt came out to us about his bisexuality, we took it as a sign of a life-changing experience.  I mean, we still got on with our normal lives, but people still considered us the lower part of the food chain. 

"Yeah I know, but this is more of a gut feeling.."

"Yeah right." 

"No, I'm serious T. A girl actually talked to me."

Travis kept his same expression of disbelief wreaking of nothing more than sarcasm. 

"I'm not bullshitting around. I actually looked into her deep, brown, mocha hues and got to know her." 

Okay, so I do tend to over exaggerate, but I had to replace his negative vibes with my positive ones.

"Who?" 

I quickly look around for this damsel that was in distress this morning. Once I noticed the vibrant color of Ivy's hair, there she was,  Jade. Sitting down on the steps next to Ivy, taking small bites of I think is peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Look, there's already something we have in common. It's almost destiny. I nonchalantly point her out, hoping that Travis would notice.