ᴘᴀʀᴛ ғᴏᴜʀ﹕ ᴅᴇsᴏɴᴀɴᴄᴇ

"And I think for this upcoming election, I, Robert A. Coleman stand as a better candidate as mayor than this ignorant dimwit because I actually speak for the people."

      I try to keep my eyes open as I sit in the front row of dad's debate

      I try to keep my eyes open as I sit in the front row of dad's debate. It's not really how I like to spend my Saturday, but I actually think he has a chance. He really wants to be mayor. I don't really focus on politics, I know it's important and all, but I've been busy fighting for my own, for my own. I'm incredibly grateful for the spot I have now. I go to a great school, I have a great family, I could finally make something of myself than rot in the foster care system until I turned 18. I was finally, somewhat free. 

    As far as Robert, my mother, Lydia Coleman is pretty nice so far. She's dragged me to service every Sunday, which was not so bad. The only thing, or should I say, person, that has caused me hell from day one of living here is Nate. As far as his privilege, he should be happy to live a life full of riches and a family that loves him. I really don't understand why he's the star child.

"Look at my loving family right here!" Lydia gestures Nate and me to stand up as we hold hands

"Look at my loving family right here!" Lydia gestures Nate and me to stand up as we hold hands. He didn't smile as Mom and I did. He looks like a zombie that was late to work for his job interview. "Wouldn't you want to trust a devoted, loving, diverse family like mine? Vote for Robert Coleman. That is all." The crowd behind us cheered. It felt like there was a rock in my stomach as soon as I heard 'diverse'. I was pretty much the only diverse one in the family. It kept echoing in my head. Something really did not feel right. 

At night, I plop on my bed as Ivy sits right next to me. She makes a pretty good friend. I never really had those before. But it's only been a week, and she's been over when Nate is, which is weird. All they do is give each other weird looks. Most of the time it's just that dumbass staring at Ivy, but I know damn well that she's had her eyes on Brad. It's really annoying sometimes. 

Suddenly, a blonde, matriarchal figure opens my door with a somewhat stern look on her face. I've never seen her make that face before. 

       "What did I say about this door?" She lifts a brow.