end of a long night. (part one)

cassidy flopped onto the sofa, slowly dozing off. she had just choked up all of jackies food in front of everyone, and honestly, she just wanted to sink into the ground.

zoe took a glance at her "embarrassing" daughter who was now snoring away (cassidy felt way more embarrassed than her mother.) jonny stood right behind her, staring at cassidy.
"oh my god. shes such a pig. how did i raise her to be like this?" she sighed whilst rubbing her forehead.

shes an adult now she mumbled

zoe then went back to collecting the dishes for jackie.
jonny went into the living room and flopped down on the other sofa.

he turned on the tv.

the volume was on 97%.

an advert blasted through the whole living room.

"KAREN, KAREN WE'VE GOT AN EMERGENCY HERE. YOUR CAT HAS NO PULSE . KAREN THIS IS SERIOUS. KAREN-"
...

"should have gone to specsave-"

jackie furiously snatched the remote off of jonny and turned off the tv.
"JONNY WHY IS THE TV THTA BLOODY LOUD THAT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!"
"IM SORRY ITS NOT MY FAULT I JUST TURNED IT ON AND.."

the pair carried on bickering until cassidy woke up in a daze.

"OHMYHODF IS THERE A ROBBER? WHERES THE KNIFE? DOES HE HAVE A KNIFE? CALL 999!" she screamed all of a sudden. she heard all of the loud noise and got scared.

adam walked in on all of the shouting. "cassidy- are u high? the volume was just loud and mums shouting." adam reassured her.

now she was even more embarrassed.
she had just made an overreaction over the television volume.

"how about you have some crimble crumble, hmm cass? that should wake you up a bit." jackie said with a caring smile. cassidy nodded but she saw her mum in the doorway with her lips pursed, and her eyebrows furrowed. she was going to be in BIG trouble.
~
jackie brought the hot apple crumble to the living room where everybody was sitting. "tuck in and enjoy everyone!"
cassidy had been waiting for dessert all night. she hadn't forgotten how amazing and delicious jackies crumble was. but she made sure not to stuff it down her gob this time 🤧.
jackie was still fuming at jonny about the tv, even though it wasn't a big deal.

"jonny, i swear you're going deaf like your dad. the tv was at bloody 97%!!" jackie lectured. everyone sighed.
"it probably was martin," zoe cackled.
"your right though. it sodding well was."

adam turned on the telly and adjusted the volume quickly. he flicked through the channels. the only decent thing on was mean girls, which was zoe and cassidys personal favourite, but they stayed silent.

they ended up watching jeremy kyle on catchup. (in honour of jezza. u were my childhood. respect. ily and i miss u😤🤙)

~

the families were absolutely shattered after the dinner. everyone wanted to get home asap and just get into bed.
as everyone said their tired goodbyes, they opened the front door and got a shock. they all stayed silent for a good 15 seconds.

~🍽️🍷~

heyy guys sorry its been a lil while i had gcses n all that shit but im back on track now ! my family problems seem to be getting better now so thats another positive. the part two of this chapter will probably come tomorrow night (london time, 12am maximum) as ive already started writing it so yee hope u enjoyed this. theres more to come.

-viv xo