~ P R O L O G U E ~ *

وردة الصحراء

وردة الصحراء

🌹 Desert Rose 🌹

Main Characters:

ليلى (Laila) : Princess of the Al-Shujae

عثمان (Usman) : Prince of Al-Muharibun

They all saw the same sky. Painted with the colours of fire; red and orange. A signification of the falling of the sun from the heavens, causing a darkness to surround the desert. Uniformed warriors covered the mountains, ready to attack on command. Only a word stood between the chaos waiting to come, and only a word could stop it.

Laila sensed fear in the air, her heart thumped as she thought of the devastation. The siege had gone on for too long, her people were starving.

"Laila." The mumbling of her name forced her eyes away from the open window and into the candle lit room. Her handmaiden, Wafiyyah had entered. A torn expression worn on her face as she looked to the ground. 

"They wait for you," the young girl whispered. Laila stepped away from the balcony and closer to her only friend.
"How far would you go to save your family?" she asked, watching as the handmaiden struggled under her desperate gaze.

"You would do anything for them... correct?"

Wafiyyah nodded as Laila suddenly embraced her.
"I would do anything for you," the princess whispered before stepping away.

Their walk towards the meeting room was slow and haunting. The halls which were usually full of life, were now silent and bleak. As though even the walls knew they would lose their light.

Her father's name was Abu-Al-khayr, the most respected sheikh of Al-Shujae. Coming from a powerful lineage of fair, just and brave leaders. Her ancestors were strong, birthing courageous sons to continue their ancient legacy.

Laila was almost stone amongst diamonds. The first and only child of her parents after her mother passing during labour. She shook her head, willing the depressing thoughts to leave. 

On this day, she must stand tall.

She was to face the one she had not seen for a while, her father. Whilst fighting smaller battles outside the small city's walls, the sheikh did not realise that his own tribe was being sought after. 

An absent king bore a weak kingdom, a fact that no leader could deny. It was the reason why the biggest threat in Arabia stood outside their doors, eager to conquer a once powerful tribe.
Surrounding their outskirts, the strongest clan of Arabia camped, ready to take over at dawn.
The tribe of Al-Muharibun, the tribe of warriors.