Chapter 2 : Making a Dash

Rosamary's POV -

I couldn't help but notice that for the past week there has been an excited buzz around the pack, I don't know why but there is no mistaking that something is happening and soon but I can never get close enough to anyone to hear what it is, as soon as I would walk into a room, usually everyone walks out.

As I walk into Alpha Daniel's room to clean it, I make eye contact with him, he is sitting at  his desk on the other side of the room, quickly lowering my eyes and holding my breath as I got on with my jobs. I am praying that he would let me get on with it, but 9 out of 10 He didn't, I am thinking wishfully. This is confirmed when I hear his chair legs scrape across the floor as he stands up. Still avoiding eye contact, I continue to work but I soon feel my scalp on fire and a fistful of my hair is being pulled causing me to lift up.

I am thrown onto the freshly made bed while Alpha Daniel crawls her body until he is straddling my waist, his face shows pure joy at me recoiling in pure terror and fear.

"Listen here you little bitch," He starts grabbing my cheek tight in one hand so I have no choice but to look at his face "We have a visitor today and I don't want muck like you around. " A hand is thrown around my neck cutting off most of my oxygen supply making me thrash around, I know not to panic because I will waste my limited oxygen but remembering that he said he didn't want me around makes me fear that he is really going to kill me and survival/wolf mode kicks in.

Seconds before I feel like passing out Alpha Daniel releases his grip with a bark of a laugh while I'm gasping for oxygen. A single tear slides down my face which I angrily rub away, I know more than anything to never cry in front of him and luckily, he seems happy with his 'warning' because he climbs off of the bed and leaves the room. I look into the bathroom mirror and see the purple marks fading I guess I should thank Celestria.

"You're welcome I wish we could kill that asshole." She says in my mind making an appearance. I still feel self conscious and pull my hair over my shoulders around my neck to try to hide it while it heals.

"Me too. But we can't so please accept that this is our life." I say sadly.

"Never. Our mate will find us soon." Celestria says and then she shuts down our link.

————————————————————————————————————————————

Getting on with my day as best as I can, I start tending to the horses and Sabella, I am told to muck them out and feed them. There is a commotion outside but I barely pay attention to it until it comes to feeding the horses when I realize that the carrots I have set out I left on the kitchen counter, I completely forgot to pick them up.

I glance out the door of the barn to see what must be every pack member standing on the grass verging at the back of the pack house, they are all facing away from me and yet fear still pounds through my heart as I think about running back to the kitchen, getting the carrots then running back again. After eventually managing to build the confidence to do it, I run quicker than I ever have to get the carrots before doing the same back again.....It appears nobody saw me.