Chapter 4 : Hiding

Third Person POV-

Rosamary spends a couple of minutes feeding the horses their carrots and playing with them and Sabella before she hears the quiet buzz of talking getting closer to her, her heart starts beating incredibly fast as she starts to panic, had someone seen her? 

Instead of allowing herself to accept being found when she was meant to be keeping a low profile, Rosa looks wildly around the room before jumping into one of the empty stalls where the horses stay, she sinks to the floor and is instantly covered in dirt but she is almost glad for it as she hopes it would cover her scent so they wouldn't believe she was here. By the time Rosa has done this, Ashton is pulling open the heavy door to the stables with ease, he walks in his eyes flying around the room to look for the owner of the scent with everyone else following closely behind. 

Despite Rosa being covered in dirt, that is never going be able to cover up her scent from her soul mate so although it was slightly dampened, Ashton can still smell his mate and is going to search this whole barn until he finds her and although he can't see her, Ashton knows she is here somewhere. 

"Where is she?" He growls impatiently, "I told you, I wanted everyone outside waiting for me when I arrived!"

"W-who? Your m-majesty." Alpha Daniel stutters, he shrinks back further in fear when he sees Ashton's eyes going darker due to anger. 

Ashton punches out his hand and wraps it around Alpha Daniel's throat cutting off his air supply like he had done to Rosa but Ashton's is getting increasingly tighter allowing Daniel's face to start going purple. Everybody stood around and watches, they feel loyalty to their own pack Alpha but they also feel more loyalty to the Alpha King, not to mention if they even try to go against the King there would be severe consequences, knowing this makes Ashton smirk. 

Meanwhile, Rosa is listening to this fearfully, even though the thought of those who hurt her being hurt makes her lips turn up slightly in a smile, she was panicking, this man is clearly very powerful and angry that she didn't  follow his orders and this makes her stay exactly where she is.

Rosa reaches into her pocket and pulls out the necklace that was around her neck when she was left on the pack's doorstep... she just remembers always having it and it is her most prize possession but she never wears it because she is scared that Alpha Daniel would take it away from her. The necklace combines the moon and the sun, she runs her fingers over the smooth sun opal gem causing her instant relief, one thing she used to do as a child was swing the chain on her finger when she was bored, Isabella starts to do this as a distraction to ignore what is going on a couple of metres away from her and yet the chain flings off her finger across the stall she is hiding in

 The necklace combines the moon and the sun, she runs her fingers over the smooth sun opal gem causing her instant relief, one thing she used to do as a child was swing the chain on her finger when she was bored, Isabella starts to do this as a di...

Despite fear filling her whole body at the thought of being caught, Rosa can't leave the necklace without going to collect it so she gets on her hands and knees, she silently crawls over to the necklace to collect it as it sat twinkling in the sunlight coming in through the open door. 

-----------------------------------------

Ashton finally lets go of Daniel's neck and starts to walk forwards further into the stable, he runs his eyes around the room and backtracks when he sees something sparkling in one of the stalls at the back of the stable, he nearly misses it but it seems to call out to him so he narrows his eyes on it. Ashton walks closer to the thing sparkling but quickly stops when he sees a small ball of messy, chestnut hair coming into view, the owner? A slim girl on her hands and knees creeping across the stall, Ashton walks forward until he is directly next to the girl who turns her head when she sees his shoes in her view, slowly she looks up through her long, dark eyelashes with pure fear in her eyes. 

Rosa instantly feels captivated by the handsome man in front of her, she secretly knows that this is her mate but the doubt niggles its way into her brain after everything Alpha Daniel has told her about how she was never going to have a mate because she didn't deserve one – how nobody would or could ever love her, even her own parents didn't. 

Oppositely, Ashton is certain before he even saw Rosa that this is his mate but confirms it further when he looks into her big, brown, doe eyes that almost seemed too big for her slim, dirty face. Ashton can't help but think that she seems too fragile and small, her small frame reminds him of a young child of around 14 but he knows she isn't, he can't explain why he knows she isn't but he just knows. Ashton reaches out his hand and helps a shaking Rosa to her feet, he is filling with raging anger at how clearly undernourished his mate was, she was their queen and something wasn't right here. 

"I'm Ashton." He says smiling gently as he raises her hand to his lips looking completely past the dark circles under her eyes telling tales of sleepless nights and the dirt coating her body.

"Rosa." She whispers out. If Ashton didn't have werewolf hearing he probably wouldn't have be able to hear it but he did and it melts his heart instantly. 

"Do you know who I am?" Ashton asks meaning did she know he is her mate, he forgot himself that he is the King or that there is a group of people around them waiting with baited breath 

"I'm not sure... I mean... I think so... Yes." She stumbles over her words fearing Ashton's looming figure and yet she feels comfort in him at the same time.