Jared-Shiksa Ruler (1)

Jared's POV

I'm breaking my mother's heart. The longer I stand looking at Evan, the more I hear it splinter and be crushed with love. I saw him exiting the party, and he suddenly seemed ninety miles away from me. Maybe someone had a map to where I could find him.

The JCC of Spring Valley is shaking and crumbling to the ground. And my grandfather's probably rolling in his grave. He never thought I would ever be crushing on a boy. Or even crush on anybody for that matter.

If Evan had a tattoo, that wouldn't matter. I'd probably get a matching one, and we'd pretend that they were couple tattoos. If he had a shaved head, that would be cool. But his hair was a sand-colored and it was curly. I loved it. If he came from Japan, Canada, or even the back of a van, I'd still crush on him. And...yep you guessed it. I did.

Just as long as he's not from Hebrew school. God, my mother made me go. Okay...so maybe I had to, that doesn't mean I wanted to. Maybe I'll finally be able to say, "Now I'm getting somewhere!
I'm finally breaking through!"

I'd say, "Hey! Hey! Shiksa ruler! I've been waiting for someone like you." And he'd blush and think the same way. Maybe...

I've been waiting through Danica Schwartz and Erica Weiss...And the Handelman twins. Andrew Handelman and Emily Handelman. I've been waiting through Heather Greenblatt, Will Mincus, Karen Pincus, and Lisa Katz. Oh, and Stephen Rosen, Ellen Kaplan, Julie Silber, and James Stein. I've had Shabbas dinners on Friday evenings with everybody in Washington Heights.

But the minute I first met Evan, I could barely catch my breath. I've been standing for days with the phone in my hand. Like and idiot, scared at what would happen if I called him, or if I didn't. He gave me his number at that party. I've been wandering through the desert. I've been beaten, I've been hit.

My people have suffered for thousands of years, and I don't give a shit.

If Evan had a pierced tongue, that wouldn't matter. If you once were in jail or you once were a girl. If your mom and your brother had "relations" with each other...if you know what I mean...And if your father was connected to the Gotti clan, I'd say, "Well, nobody's perfect." It's tragic but it's true. I'd say, "Hey! It's the love of my life! I've been waiting for someone like..."

You, breaking the circle. You, taking the light. You, you are the story I should write. Oh I have to write!

If he drove an R.V., that wouldn't matter. If he like to drink blood, It's whatever...possibly cute? If you've got a powerful connection to your firearm collection, I'd say, "Draw a bead and take your shot!" I'm your Hebrew slave, at your service. Just tell me what to do.

I say, "Hey hey hey hey! I've been waiting for someone! I've been praying for someone. I think that I could be in love with someone..."

Like Evan...

Stay snazzy!!!